JJH vs Borat

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Drivers_lag, Aug 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry to single you out, Old Man but you're our token Septic.

I know you think we're all steeped in tradition and all that - which we are to a degree. But what in the name of Christ do you folk think goes on in Europe?

In case you haven't seen, a UK comedian... well.. not a comedian as such.... a social comentator, infiltratated America and took the piss big style. I know you're not familiar with the concept of 'taking the piss', but surely?

I did see some some CNN 'OH, I get it now' type footage but what were you guys thinking?

This is a very old joke in UK (he played it on us in UK for a short while with Ali G, but we saw through it pretty quickly)

<Caveat...it's 00:30, so forgive any clumsiness>

• Like Like x 1
  2. I don't agree with everything JJH says and the "our masters" thing I don't understand. He is however not the token septic ans I respect the fact he has an opinion whether I agree with it or not. Fuck knows why you're posting a YouTube clip that's bonkers old but I assume you're as ratted as me at this time of night.

Drinking is great ain't it? I'll probably say something on FB thats rude or start a gash thread or summat.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'm not attacking JJH - I'm inviting comment on well - lots of things. British evil humour, (we seem to be unique in this) American simplisticness .. tradition.

Whatever you want.

And yes, drinking is great.

But Reginald D Hunter is shocked about 'Taking The Piss'

'Yall take the piss'

4. Nope. As much as I like your usual casual abusive ways I must say that going from Borat to Reg stinks off ale.

Two Brufen and shite loads of water and we'll all be mates in the morrow bruv
  5. It's 01:03 Sherlock. I might polish it tomorrow, but truth is truth, so I won't be apologising.
  6. That's OK then. And you start threads wondering why you cant have your avatar back?
  7. Your interest in me is flattering.
  8. Really? Go to bed.

JJH has more loud time than most on here so I don't see why a shit film from around 2010 has got to do with him?
  9. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Started off shit and got worse. Moved to the hole, hopefully to die slowly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Borat? timely since it came out in 2006......
  11. This is what attracts me to ARRSE--a relatively benign thread that within 4 or 5 posts goes off on a tangent that has 2 ARRSERs fighting mad and ready to have a go.

As to the point of the thread--I do indeed understand the concept of "taking the piss" but hasten to add it is unique to the British (although Monty Python--for those of you long enough in the tooth to remember) turned it (literally) into an art form to which Borat can but aspire.

In point of fact, I myself have taken the piss quite often on these hallowed fora but regrettably my version is usually so nuanced, and in case you didn't realize what a fan of irony I am, steeped in irony, that few ARRSERs see it for what it is. Instead they usually, as occurred in this thread already, figuratively roll up their shirt sleeves and want to pick a fight. I rarely pick up the cudgel however as I am a lover not a fighter. (see what I did there?):)
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Edited to add the word "not"in the second sentence of the second paragraph between the words "is" and "unique."

13. You taking the piss like? (written with a Geordie accent)
  14. Me? Never my dear fellow! (in a posh Etonian/Cambridgian nasal accent):)