Jimmy Carr Mocks Limbless Soldiers On Stage.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spike7451, Oct 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I never found this tw@ funny & this confirms why!

http://express.co.uk/posts/view/136052/EXCLUSIVE-Fans-stunned-as-Jimmy-Carr-insults-our-Afghan-heroes

2. The sad thing is that its true but most certainly not funny, the stupid cnut

3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I never like'd the smarmy ****
    He's got a face you'd never tire of punching

Although I suppose he does have a point still not his place to say it for laughs

**** it I'm off to get the outrage bus work tickets whose coming ?

4. That'll do for me.

5. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Jimmy Carr is a cock anyway. Lets get him on the next CSE, where he can say jokes like that and see if he comes home with all his limbs.

Although to be fair, we will have a blinding Para Olympics team. I can't wait for the first time it's in the press that most of the team where in a pub celebrating when naked bar was called.

Edited: for having mong typing ability

6. Bloody hell, get over yourselves. He's a comedian ffs, and what';s more a comedian who is known for being close to the bone. If you don't like it, dont watch, simples! He makes jokes about many unsavoury topics like rape being surprise sex for example, just like Frankie Boyle making jokes about paedophilia, doesn't mean that he means it personally.

7. I can't see the problem really. It's just a joke and I think that he's quite right, we will have a bloody good team in the next Paralympics.

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Carr is a smug git, but if that comment had been made on here first then I guaranteed it would have been classed as genius by many.

Might be worth going down Ladbrokes and putting a bet on the number of medals won by Britain at the next Paraolympics. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. the_boy_syrup

Ah but Frankie Boyls is funny

10. Oh no I am outraged on behalf of people I have never met.

11. Guardian Review of Mr. Carr

Also on the I.O.S. smuggest Briton's list, deservedly, you might say.

"Jimmy Carr oozes the charm and insincerity of a re-animated Bob Monkhouse". Although Monkhouse, in comparison, could be called genius.

Sick jokes might be viewed as Carr's stock in trade, he's been discussed on these boards already and not too favourably. Either a joke too far or a misfire, it's not funny for his victim nor would the wider audience appreciate the man's obvious desperation for a laugh, at any expense.

That Carr targeted soldiers wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan speaks volumes, and he seriously misjudges their mates, families and supporters.
    It will come back to bite him, on his smug arrse.

Perhaps, hopefully, even enough to keep this smug tasteless creep out of mainstream entertainment. Permanently.

12. guys, i completely agree - forces casualties are not funny.

however, take a look in the NAAFI bar and see some of the groups we routinely rip to death, including the disabled. sure they don't think we're funny either.

if we dish it out so readily, we've got to be able to take it in the spirit it's meant when it comes our way. it's only a joke for fucks sake.

• Like Like x 1
  13. As much as I dislike this one-line merchant I believe this was probably a line he picked up from Headley Court from the guys there in rehab and so feels justified in using it :?:

BTW the local news here (Meridian) did a piece about the Paralympic training team going to Headley Court and other placers to give the Ex-soldiers/airmen some guidance on fitness for the future with a view to 2012/2016. So as distastful as it may seem to some, I suspect he's more guided and informed than most.

14. the_boy_syrup

Yes but we like to sit on the ourage bus arms folded bottom lip sticking out if people offend our delicate feelings

You see we can piss all over the street and make Hitler salutes in Germany but if someone pisses on a memmorial or slags a poppy we take to the outrage bus

It's what we do One Army TA & Regular outraged together and Arsse gives us that platform for us to express our outrage and hurt feelings

If Brown loses the next Election we may have to look at parking up at least 5 outrage buses and their crews

So please let us have a little of these threads :D

Shall we start a countdown to the first Chubb post?

15. I don't think he was taking the piss out of the soldiers at all and he was pointing out how fit and dedicated these young lads are and how there is still plenty for them to aim for. As has been mooted on here already, I wonder if it's a joke he borrowed off someone at Headley Court, at least he bothered himself to visit which says a lot for him in my book.