Jim Steele, Samarra

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by TheGuardian, Oct 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. have you served with the US military in Iraq and witnessed the Us military either turning a blind
    eye to the torture of insurgents- or being present when insurgents were tortured . How high up the military command did the order to ignore torture go.....or do you know about insurgents being handed over by the Americans to the Ministry of Interior to be tortured.

Things were especially bad in Samarra in 2005 . Jim Steele , a special advisor to the US military who also served in El Salvador said that the US were opposed to torture in principle. Mr Steele said he believed it to be counter productive Was that your experience in Iraq? The Guardian newspaper is investigating these allegations and whyile you may not want to publically state what you saw going on - you may want to bear witness to what happened. Were Iraqis tortured in the presence of the US military. Did the US military command turn a blind eye to it- or even encourage it.

If you have any information on this please contact the Guardian at guardianfilms@guardian.co.uk you don't have to go on camera you just have to speak the truth.

2. Here we go!

3. have you served with the US military in Iraq and witnessed the Us military either turning a blind
    eye to the torture of insurgents- or being present when insurgents were tortured . How high up the military command did the order to ignore torture go.....or do you know about insurgents being handed over by the Americans to the Ministry of Interior to be tortured.

Things were especially bad in Samarra in 2005 . Jim Steele , a special advisor to the US military who also served in El Salvador said that the US were opposed to torture in principle. Mr Steele said he believed it to be counter productive Was that your experience in Iraq? The Guardian newspaper is investigating these allegations and whyile you may not want to publically state what you saw going on - you may want to bear witness to what happened. Were Iraqis tortured in the presence of the US military. Did the US military command turn a blind eye to it- or even encourage it.

If you have any information on this please contact the Guardian at guardianfilms@guardian.co.uk you don't have to go on camera you just have to speak the truth.

4. Every US serviceman (but not the gay ones or women) that I met would make a special effort to torture gay, bi, black, hermaphrodites/post op transexuals who were opposed to summary execution.

Get a life Journo.

5. That is a pretty awful attempt to get a bite, but whoever did it, I like the way you've also used the grammar and spelling mistakes to give it that authentic "Guardian" feel.

Good work.

6. Unlike yourselves. :roll:

7. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

While it's nice to see my paper of choice making a foray into my forum of choice, you really could have put more effort into phrasing and presenting your request in such a manner that precludes an agenda, and use correct punctuation.

Yours truely - a Guardianista.

8. Fixed for you it on behalf of my favourite current affairs publication.

9. Send £25,000 to me and I'll tell you everything I know about torture.

10. "whyile"

True to form then.

11. It's the same fucking retard who's kicked off several threads over the recent weeks all over the site. It has several IDs going back several years. Sad cunt that it is.

12. Nice balanced reporting there! Jog on nobhead.

13. Also the "Us" in the first line. It would of course be more understandable to the average reader of that paper if the phrase "the ever evil" was inserted just before it.

14. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Good point Oyibo, they described themselves as "The Guardiam" earliy in the week in the G2 section. They really do need to give their subbies a clip round the ear.

Pour example:

Describing the USN Algae powered Riverine Craft as a Ship in the headline of yesterday's print edition (corrected on the online edition)

Describing CVF as an Airship in a headline a while back, I mean Carrier would have sufficed.

Airship: R101 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aircraft Carrier: Aircraft carrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still a far better publication than the shrieking Daily Hate, the Mirror anything from the News International stables, and just edges it over the Telegraph (IMHO).

15. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

This would actually appear to be a genuine request from a user using an @guardian.co.uk email address. Needless to say serving soldiers are reminded that you need to check the relevant Defence Information Note before speaking to the media. As for everyone else ...... then make sure they pay up front!