Jim Mairs QGM

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Over4MeNow, Mar 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is with regret that I have to inform you that Jim has passed away after a long fight against cancer. I have no further details except he collapsed and was taken to hospital where he passed away. When and if any further info is forthcoming it will be posted here.

A good friend and will be sadly missed.

Dunhandlin now old friend.

2. RIP Jimmy. A good mate over the years.

3. RIP mate.

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

That's very sad news.

5. Another drinking chum from years gone by sadly departed. Rest in peace Jimmy, slainge.

6. Rest in Peace Jimmy, sadly appropriate that it's Paddy's Day

7. Who can I do my "taig and prod drinking together act" with now? Both Ronnie and Jimmy gone!! and I was going to give him a phone the other day and forgot :cry:

8. If it's any solace, he was chipper right to the end and even joked with me (a Jock) about the England/Ireland result on Saturday. Stunned!

9. Rest in peace Jimmy

I'll raise a glass tonight.

10. Introduced me to Mess life in Templer and more importantly alternative watering holes in Ashford. Top bloke......huge loss

11. I had a few beers from time-to-time with Jimmy back in the late 80's - sad loss.

12. RIP Jim - a very sad loss, only seems like yesterday (but getting on for 10 years ago) flying back to the UK with him as he left Germany for the last time. Needless to say a reasonable dent was made in the aircraft's beer supply! An unforgettable character.

13. The craic was wild

RIP Jimmy, a sad loss to the community

14. Rest well, didn't know the fella, may I ask what he received the QGM for?