Jim Doherty makes himself look a cnut!

THose of you who heard the lead up to the 8 o'clock news this morning must have been laughing as much as I was!!!
I hope someone makes it available on the net!! :0

Funniest thing I've heard in years!!

bobthedog said:
It was James Naughty, and while funny, it must have been particularly embarrassing for those families who were listening to the radio with kids eating breakfast.
I guess If they're old enough to listen to the news about rape and murder and all sorts of other 'going's on', they can stomach a freudian (?) slip......
Where you one of those families?

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
Bring back memories of poor old "Mike Hunt" of the BFBS,TEARS,FIBS ect request shows

His views on the bloke slipped out as he made the announcement.

Another example of the left leaning bias of the BBC when they can call Tory ministers cnuts?

Do you veil the legs of your piano as well?
Well, no actually, cos we dont have a piano, however we do pay for a complaints department at the BBC, and its right to use it when standards slip, which they certainly did this morning. Added to that that I am not a member of the James Naughtie fan club, as I find his approach to be less than balanced when interviewing, and he presented an opportunity, so I took it. My 9yo also commented on the word, which we have tried to ensure does not fall into his young vocabulary as yet. We dont swear in the house, certainly not in front of any kids, and don't expect that type of language to be used across any broadcasting medium, even after watershed.

Anyone who believes his explanation of it being caused by a "spoonerism" is deceiving themselves.

Hmmm.... Reminds me of Sir Trevor McDonald, waxing lyrical about the Kent countryside... If he'd not corrected himself, I doubt many would have noticed!

bobthedog said:
Well, no actually, cos we dont have a piano, however we do pay for a complaints department at the BBC, and its right to use it when standards slip, which they certainly did this morning. Added to that that I am not a member of the James Naughtie fan club, as I find his approach to be less than balanced when interviewing, and he presented an opportunity, so I took it. My 9yo also commented on the word, which we have tried to ensure does not fall into his young vocabulary as yet. We dont swear in the house, certainly not in front of any kids, and don't expect that type of language to be used across any broadcasting medium, even after watershed.

Anyone who believes his explanation of it being caused by a "spoonerism" is deceiving themselves.
Oh come on Bob!!
Whatever you think of the guy (and I'll admit both he and the wiley welshman wind me up something rotten at times) you can't say he did it on purpose!
I follow a similar line in my household, but I find that if I'm to protect my little lovelies (aged 9 & 7) I don't subject them to it in the first place. Not that I'm suggesting you would expect to hear the 'C' word every day on the radio, but some of the topics are discussed in failry lurid detail (for a 9 year old at any rate) and if you don't want them to hear it then don't turn it on.

I haven't got a soundcard at work. PLease can someone give me a summary of what he said?

Edited to add, I now know. Hahaha! Stupid twat.

Manod Bach said:
Hmmm.... Reminds me of Sir Trevor McDonald, waxing lyrical about the Kent countryside... If he'd not corrected himself, I doubt many would have noticed!
Now that was a classic, sadly not saved for posterity.....I searched YouTube for hours trying to find it!

What a load of "holier-than-thou" bullshit.

If you listen to the clip and then think about what he was going to say "Jeremy Hunt the Culture Secretary" then a spoonerism is much more likely than anything else.

Must be catching...

BBC News - Naughtie slip-up on Today programme

Later on Monday, broadcaster Andrew Marr repeated the four-letter expletive on Radio 4's Start the Week programme.

"We're not going to repeat it in quite the terms it happened," he told listeners, before doing precisely that.

After his error, he told the audience: "I should apologise for saying it again, but it's very hard to talk about it without saying it."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Royal Signals 1
W The Intelligence Cell 18
Red-On Royal Signals 5