Jill Dando. The hit was ordered by Arkan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Feb 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This latest will come as no surprise to many -

I would say it was one of the most obvious coverups this Govt has been responsible for, I and many others remarked on it at the time. After all if the Serbs had killed Jill Dando and the public got to hear about it something would have to be done! And how would that make our Tony look?!

Why not just fit up the local nutter and hope it goes away, or at least is stalled until everyone involved has retired etc.

Should this new 'theory' be proved to be factual will those responsible for putting Barry George in the frame be punished? Or will just be a case of 'lessons have been learned and procedures changed'?
  2. Not an unusual tactic for more than one dissident organisation to claim responsibility for an incident carried out by an entirely different mob. This to advance their status and significance. Real IRA did it all the time and it is also common amongst the 'same religion but different' groups in Lebanon and such.
  3. This town is full of walter mitty figures trying to large it up.
  4. Why would onyone kill a TV crimewatch and news presenter in revenge for the bombing of Belgrade by Nato? She had nothing to do with politics or Serbia, or NATO...

Doesn't sound right.
  5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

This doesn't hold water. If this was a "gesture" then why wasn't it made known the reason for the hit?

An incidental killing is nothing; its use as a terrorist threat needs publicity for it to effect.
  6. In any cold case review all the leads are reopened and looked at again, I am not involved in this job but would assume that this is whats happening and a story has been spun from it.

7. That sounds like nonsense, how could they achieve anything by killing one celebrity and not telling everybody they did it.

Why would the government need a patsy, they could of just left the case open, surely finding someone wrongly guilty would make the serb's think that they have to say it was them.

It’s the conspiracy theorists at work again probably someone writing a book on the subject needs something juicy to help it sell.
  8. I was in the Balkans at the time so didnt see the programme, but I thought the supposed link was that Jill Dando had fronted a high-profile TV fundraising appeal for Kosovo refugees.

NATO had bombed a Belgrade TV station, killing presenters and other staff.
  9. Well that would make more sense, if it was done out of revenge for a specific incident. But I still think they would have made the fact that they carried it out public, as a threat.
  10. Another non-story from the Times. Yawn.
  11. A friend of mine was held as a 'guest' (POW) during the conflict. Several days into his interrogation he was shown a photo of his house in UK...
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

A dando-murderer walt?!?!? A serb-walt?
  13. There were British POWs during Allied Force?

Please don't start the conspiracists off again... They'll be claiming 60 aircraft shot down again within moments and using your post as 'evidence'.

If someone will give me a name of this Serb walt, I'll try and get a picture of his house if it helps.