Jihadis threaten to slaughter British soldiers' wives and families as police issue social media warn

Brave heroic chaps these fanatic types.

Brave heroic chaps these fanatic types.
Irrespective of being a brave Jihadi, I'd think twice of taking on a pre-menstrual Army wife with a toddler and a screaming baby - think of the image being beaten off by a rather large woman in trackkie bottoms going on about the higher rents for married quarters, how the officers have bigger houses, what a snob the RSMs wife is, how useless the HIVE is, how 'Er Darren shouldda been promoted', 'ave you seen the mould in my barfroom and how I gotta keep the windows shut 'cos the heating's shite', 'and what about Lady Muck in 12 Templer Close? Who does she think she is, buying from Boden and Kath Kidston. what a bitch, just 'cos her bloke's going for a Commission...'

Last edited:
Scum. The absolute lot of them.

Something doesn't ring true about those notes. I wouldn't be suprised if they turned out to be a hoax.

But I do agree that the use of social media by people in and around the armed forces is shocking.

Something doesn't ring true about those notes. I wouldn't be suprised if they turned out to be a hoax.

But I do agree that the use of social media by people in and around the armed forces is shocking.
I agree with the first point, more likely a bit of agit-prop from the Far Right. I also agree with yourself on the second point- I am astounded about the information still-serving colleagues and their spouse post on the likes of Facebook. It seems that we've forgotten the lessons of Op Banner/Northern Ireland...

Last edited:
Reading that note again, it's clear that it's utter garbage. It was either written by someone having a laugh, XRW or an oddball.

Anyone familiar with jihadi notes will know that the style is completely different; the lack of actual religious quotes is the big indicator. Also, the spelling is way too good to be by a jihadi.

Still, if you're intimidated by grammar and correct spelling, I can see why this letter might be concerning.

Reading that note again, it's clear that it's utter garbage. It was either written by someone having a laugh, XRW or an oddball.

Anyone familiar with jihadi notes will know that the style is completely different; the lack of actual religious quotes is the big indicator. Also, the spelling is way too good to be by a jihadi.

Still, if you're intimidated by grammar and correct spelling, I can see why this letter might be concerning.
I would have suggested Britain First, but I doubt they could string something this coherent together...

Good way to get a new quarter or pick up a house on the cheep. Not that any one would do such a thing, would they?

I've decided to deconstruct this letter:

Anything written by IS/AQ types will be started with 'Bismillah ar-rahman ar-raheem' (بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم) in order to demonstrate that everything that follows is for the purpose of furthering and benefiting Islam. Otherwise it can be ignored and discarded.

"The Holy War for Islam"

‘Jihad fee sabeelilah’ is the actual term used for fighting in order to protect/benefit Islam.

“A warning to the brides of British Soldier Warmongers”

There is no such thing as ‘warmongers’ in jihadi literature when referring to enemy soldiers. It is recognised that enemy soldiers serve a tyrant, or ‘taghout’ as they are referred to. ‘Bride’ is an odd term too and is more commonly seen used in the media than by jihadis, who will call a wife a wife.

Don’t forget that this is intended as a ‘warning’ but as you’ll see, the warning offers no chance of redemption and is in fact a threat.

“You have been identified as an unbeliever and a bride of a murderer of the servants of Allah in the holy Land”

‘Unbeliever’ is an unusual term to use when ‘kafir’ can be used instead. Being a ‘kafir’ or Muslim doesn’t really mean much to jihadis with a tafeeri ideology. Both are fair game. The ‘Holy Land’ is usually a synonym for Jerusalem whereas the author mistakenly uses the name to refer to Muslim countries. Shows lack of knowledge. 'Holy Land' is also a term more frequently used by Christians.

“Our peoples have suffered at the hands of your husbands who have murdered raped and killed our women and children”

‘Our peoples’ is an odd expression to use by a Muslim referring to Muslims. Doesn’t ring true and is not consistent with jihadi writings.

“We the servents of Allah intend to avenge our peoples by destroying the families of unbelievers in this land of hate.”

A feature of declarations like this is the provision of Islamic ‘evidence’, usually in the form of a Koranic surah or other religious text which justifies the intended action. There is none here. Families are rarely allowed to be directly targeted although it is deemed permissible according to some convoluted and roundabout interpretations. There is no such thing as ‘land of hate’ in jihadi terms. You can have ‘land of war’ or ‘land of disbelief’, but not ‘land of hate’.

“you along with many others will pay the price for your husband's destruction in the Holy Land.”

Mistaken use of ‘Holy Land’ again. Lack of evidence provided on the permissibility of targeting families.

“We now know where you live and will begin to destroy the unbelievers and their families as they have done to us.”

It’s odd to start of providing a warning and then end with a threat.

“The Circle of Allah.”

Never heard of it and the lack of religion in the name suggests that it is made up.

Yes, but when would be Jihadis have to order 'Islam for Dummies' from Amazon, are you surprised by the lack of attention to detail?

Yes, but when would be Jihadis have to order 'Islam for Dummies' from Amazon, are you surprised by the lack of attention to detail?
It's a fair point. That's why I think it's more likely to be a prank but it is also possibly the work of a local nutter who has been converted and radicalised somehow. However, if they'd been radicalised by coming into contact with IS propaganda, their terminology would be more authentic.

It's a fair point. That's why I think it's more likely to be a prank but it is also possibly the work of a local nutter who has been converted and radicalised somehow. However, if they'd been radicalised by coming into contact with IS propaganda, their terminology would be more authentic.
A likely suspect...

images.jpg