Jibbing in

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by WolvoExPunk, May 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I like to think of myself as a fairly proficient jibber. I've used my jibbing skills to gain free entry to football matches, concerts, boxing matches, cage fights, and night clubs. I even once jibbed into a football match that my team wasn't playing in, because the result would affect us, and it was cheaper for me to jib in than to watch it in a pub, where I'd have to buy a few pints.

Now, I am not a Thin Lizzy fan. But I love this lad's jibbing trick - if you ain't got a ticket, forge yer own!

Blagging Lizzy, a forged ticket for Thin Lizzy at the Cardiff Capitol, December 8th, 1977 and youthful memories of ELP and Roxy Music

2. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Thin Lizzy - on the back of one of their albums was a number of their PR company. Tony Brainsby Publicity I think. I called them and spoke to a lovely girl called Caroline (to become Mrs. Lynott) and in a pathetic German accent said I had been sent by some made up German Rock mag to review the gig. Bingo! The pass I got I soon doctored so my girlfriend and I could go.

England v. Cameroon - pissed one Sunday in London and bored I saw that ITV were covering the fun at the Cameroon embassy. As it wasn't too far I went down there and said "No tv... can I come in?" Guy Gibson said "ITV?", "Yup" and in I went. At half time I rang my flatmate and he did the same stunt. We partied with the Gibsons, but had to buy our own beer and "encouraged" to buy a t-shirt. The same t-shirt that my ex wore when my first was born.

Flying First Class. A doddle. Just board and turn left on the 747s.. after take off whine and say "Sorry, I think I've made a mistake" etc. It's always worked.

I'm sure I'll remember more.... probably at 0300.

3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Er, I shagged her. Tall blonde thing. Her Dad was some Muppet off the telly? Shagged her before she became Mrs Lynott. And once again after in some gaff just south of Finchley Road tube. Ask Chalky White. The daft bastard woke up down the back of the sofa I was shagging her on and nearly gave me a heart attack. Never did get to meet her dad.

4. FFS Where Are The Pictures?????

5. Phil lynott married Leslie Crowthers daughter, her name was Caroline. Famously on hearing that Leslie had called him a black Irish bastard, Phil replied "He's right, I'm black, Irish and a bastard."

6. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Laedy lawd, there's a name I haven't heard in years... Chalky White! I ended up working for Adrian Hopkins and was on the Roisin Dubh tour... am trying to remember other names from those days/daze. Big Charlie? Cod? Mick?

7. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Must be early onset. I'm thinking about Snowy White and his time with Thin Lizzy. They were due to do two nights back to back (turned out to be the last time Phil set foot in Belfast). The word was that a new guitar player was being announced, can't honestly remember if Gary Moore had just said Fuckit one more time.

Out trotted Snowy White to everyones surprise, over beers later. I had to ask. I thought this was, insert local guitar players name, gig.
    I brought a bigger bag was the response.