Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

JHQ VENDOR VIGILANTES

combatintman said:
Right - I am fcuking p1ssed off and because I'm deploying in a short while and I know that the powers that be read this so I'm ranting here rather than in the office and also following the CGS line just to see how much support my views have.

What's it about - NAAFI vendors in JHQ a new service (or as we oldsters know - a reintroduced service). Why the rant - apparently we are going to have to supply a duty 'Vendor Vigilante' along with every other unit in JHQ - as we oldsters know this was never a duty that was required then.

So let's break this down:

1. NAAFI never consulted anybody on this.

2. I thought the formation of the MPGS and GGS was to get soldiers away from routine duties (retention I think - heard of it?).

3. NAAFI already benefits from GGS and AGC (RMP) security/crime prevention patrolling at no cost to itself.

4. There is nothing in 1 MI Bn's (or I suspect any other unit on garrison) mission statement that says we are to protect NAAFI's assets.

5. The Sparkasse (or insert the name of any other business on camp) have never had the neck to provide out of hours protection.

6. .....So can somebody please tell me what gives the NAAFI the fcuking right to demand that soldiers in 1 MI and every other unit on camp do an overnight duty to stop vending machines being robber/vandalised.

7. Final point - how do I justify this duty to my troops? I know the answer already - I can't so why should I even have to entertain this?

I will accept this on one basis alone - we charge for the service - the soldier's wages for the time on duty and the day after - all to be paid direct to the individual.

So my message to HQ RASU via the Chain of Command is - tell NAAFI to fcuking poke this nonsense of a duty up the place where the sun don't shine.

Anyone with me on this?

Im with ya....the reason the NAAFI ( No Ambition And Fuckall Interest) or (Never Ave Any Fing In) gets what they want is because the CEO/MD is Maj Gen Ponseby Smyth (Retd) or Rear Adm Singen Smyth, he picks up the phone and speaks to GOC/Bde Comd and all he has to say is how dreadful it is that we (NAAFI) supply low quality kit and it seems soldiers just wreck them, what can you do..its complete bollicks...NAAFI HQ is just jobs for the old boys. GOC/Bde Comd agrees and as we all know, sh1t rolls down hill. Nothing has changed in 30 years.

This reminds me of 'the good old days' when NAAFI or any other parasitic, money grabbing organisation in Germany felt they had the right to demand that the CoC recovered their debts on their behalf. WTF? I can't count the number of times I would march up to Bn HQ with the letter (always sent to the Adjt/CO) and told them where to poke it. Not exactly career enhancing stuff mind you.

The NAAFI burnt any bridges they may have had with the service community many years ago - they're now in the pot with the rest of them. Tell them where to shove their duty: if they don't like it, tell them to get rid of the fcuking machines. RASU or whtever feckless organisation signed up to this need fcuking *******.

Tell I'm apoplectic?

the_guru said:
Interesting conundrum. The days of Canteen Cowboy are well over. The NAAFI is now afully functioning profit grabbing organisation. From that POV they have no mre right to ask for security than the Pizza place or O'Gikes. The COC should tell them to stick it up their arrse. There are Security Organisations in JHQ manning the VCPs. If they can't do it, why should the military pick it up. And are the NAAFI paying the miltary for this duty? It is beholden upon the NAAFI to provide security if they are taking the risk.

Fcuk the NAAFI.

Jumpin' Jehosephat! Me and the guru have found something to agree on!

Hard to believe that soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghan' can look forward to patrolling the NAAFI to protect the rights of vending machines. Maybe the NAAFI could send their boys out to Iraq and Afghan' to releive our troops so they can rock up at the Marly.

BTW, I watched Man Utd win the Champions League in the vending room at the Marly (there was a TV and food and drink was plentiful)! Just posted in, no TV at home, wife not yet in! Is that sad?

Stag on at the vendors in order to watch people staggering back from town after having a skin full and deciding some microwaved crap will fend off the munchies untill brunch? That'll stop people from signing off then won't it? No, quite right.... not at all.

It does point out that the NAAFI want everything, rights to provide everything in their happy monoploy called PAYD and have the suckers who they are ripping off stag on as well. I don't know how but NAAFI seems to stand for 'No Service, No Choice, No Satisfaction". I know it doesn't, but it should.

Like the signs outside the NAAFI Vendors in Chatham..... Big sign above the door "NAAFI 24 Hour Vendors", sign on the door "Open 09:00 to 23:00"" What's that all about?

Perevodchik said:
the_guru said:
Interesting conundrum. The days of Canteen Cowboy are well over. The NAAFI is now afully functioning profit grabbing organisation. From that POV they have no mre right to ask for security than the Pizza place or O'Gikes. The COC should tell them to stick it up their arrse. There are Security Organisations in JHQ manning the VCPs. If they can't do it, why should the military pick it up. And are the NAAFI paying the miltary for this duty? It is beholden upon the NAAFI to provide security if they are taking the risk.

Fcuk the NAAFI.

Jumpin' Jehosephat! Me and the guru have found something to agree on!

Doesn't mean we will be taking warm tender showers together...;-)

What a load of Arrse!! I would just like to ask what the RMP crime fighters of JHQ are doing isn't it there job to stop crime!! Would it not be better to put CCTV in the vendor area? Why don't NAAFI employ a security guard to keep there crummy stale butties safe?? Whats the point in a vendor area in the first place. Waste of money and manpower!! I would rather stag on in the duty bunk at 1 MI and that is like a tramps hideout. Crappy flea ridden mattress, sheets for curtains and the room stinks like a brewery its minging!!

chatbox said:
What a load of Arrse!! I would just like to ask what the RMP crime fighters of JHQ are doing isn't it there job to stop crime!! Would it not be better to put CCTV in the vendor area? Why don't NAAFI employ a security guard to keep there crummy stale butties safe?? Whats the point in a vendor area in the first place. Waste of money and manpower!! I would rather stag on in the duty bunk at 1 MI and that is like a tramps hideout. Crappy flea ridden mattress, sheets for curtains and the room stinks like a brewery its minging!!

It did last time I was there, but the brewery smell was coming from me! I'd had quite a skinful the night/morning before!

I can remember in the early 90's when I was posted to JHQ someone placed a turd in one of the vending machines. It wasn't discovered for about 3 days. Now that did cause a stink!

i remember people pissing in the coke machine vending tray on the ground floor of Block 6. made a change from their beds.

i've never really understood the whole swamping thing. never done it, just tend to wake up and go for a p1ss personally...

chatbox said:

It hasn't improved since 1990 then! :lol:

chatbox said:

Nothing changed there then!