Jewish Chaplain to HM Forces

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Astatine, Apr 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He looks a bit dutch, wouldn't you say?

2. Is this Kosher?

3. Shalom! My life already!!

4. One of the two Hairy Bikers is Jewish already?

5. Why have you got a bee in your bonnet about a Jewish Chaplain?

Do you have any connection to the British Army at all?

Oh yes, and I think the word you were looking for was 'Christian'.

6. Is he on a personal crusade to consume all the calories that his brethren were denied in the Polish Pontins?

7. In the days of WW2 and National Service, there were tens of thousand of Jews in the UK Forces.

But why does the presence of a mere 200 non-observant Jews in the British Forces today justify Whitehall deciding just now to create a 75,000 pound per year Jewish Chaplain?

8. Who says they are non observant?

9. No self-respecting Torah-observant Yiddishe boy would voluntarily put himself in a gentile army, where he would perforce be exposed to non-Kosher meats like bacon, and Sabbath profanation - and that's the least of it - Oy Vey :D !

[​IMG]

And I don't think that UK army regulations allow sidelocks!

10. Where did the figure of 200 come from?

Not disputing it as I know no better, but I do remember that my last regt had at least 4 AAC badged Yids that I knew of, so about 1% (or just under, depending on manning levels) which means that statistically the Army should have somewhere between 1000 and 1500 Jews in it.

Or did the lure of Aviation and knicker dropping berets and pretty Screaming Eagle badges just attract a higher percentage of our pork dodging mates? ;)