Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by philarmy, Jul 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have done a search but can't find the answer to this question.

Can you buy Jetboils in KAF? If not, can you buy normal stoves?

Obviously if I can't get one out there I'll have to take one and put the gas in with the dangerous air freight.
  2. I got the gas out there although i was based out of shorabak. I would assume its in other locations too mate.
  3. Haven't seen any in KAF or Bastion.

But you can always get here and buy online.....some companies do tax free for BFPO's.

No gas in Bastion that I have seen.
  4. You can if you want to lose it. BFPO x ray everything and will remove something as simple as an aerosol of underarm spray, let alone a compressed fuel gas.
    The OP has the idea, get a load of it and book it in as DAC when you check in, it'll get there then. Get a name and signature, and it sharpens the mind of the mover to make sure it gets there.
  5. Was talking about the Jetboil itself....not the Gas. :) :)

Am fullly aware of the Nazi's removing anything to do with compressed gases from baggage and boxes.....took 8 weeks for a package from the wife to turn up....eventually turned up, ripped to shreds, various stickers over it, missing not only the deoderant, but showergel and sweeties too.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  6. The canisters are just the short Coleman ones, aren't they? Buying gas to take with me and buying the Jetboil online when I get there seems like the way ahead.
  7. They are available to some at man@Q&Ms. You will have to give it back at the end of tour though.