Jetboil? What does the forum think?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by walt_of_the_walts, Dec 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's very, very good.
    But you can't fry bacon with it.
  2. Thanks BB, but there isnt much that you can properly fry bacon with other than a Fcuk-off frying pan!
  3. a couple of the lads have them, they swear by them,will heat the contents in about 2 mins flat.
    they are classed as super uber exclusive.
    you can pick them up from ebay cheaper or if you're down in sennybridge they do them in the shop there
  4. They seemingly do 2 boil-in-the-bags and a brew in 90 seconds. All the boys said they are getting them for Christmas. I think I will order one in the new year. Can't let the boys get them and make me look a biff.
  5. i have one and they are the dogs spuds. we sell em in our pri not cheap but worth the wedge.. probably not good for arctic conditions but for other mainstream theratres its the badgers nadgers!
  6. I have just brought one and has anyone else found you need a nearly full gas can for it to work well and quick?

As soon as it gets slightly empty it slows down? also I had to bend the ignition electrode as it would not light?
  7. Very guchi and all that, probably the dogs bollocks for fast cooking.... But how long does the gas last and what happens when it runs out???? Not many 'gas hoarding squirrels' out in the woods these days........

Unless you carry a bag full of spares of course (more kit to hump etce) so its ok for weekends, but sustained ops? I have my doubts.

Just my thoughts.
  8. Being the new craze a load of blokes were using these - canister lasted over a week up around kinlochleven in november. I still prefer my dragonfly though as resup is less of an epic, as snapper eluded to.
  9. Found mine very usefull bought it when i did PTC at breacon though found that when gas bottle started to run low it took its time to boil
  10. I'v found mine fine so far. Battered it on Cambrian, and got it soaked, and it is still fine. Had no dramas with gas running out - I normally carry a small cylinder in the mug, and a larger one in my bergan - I think I am still on the original small canister
  11. I still like my old Peak 1 stove. Does the business quickly enough for me.
  12. Ive used one. Main drama was it filled a whole pouch and left no room for scoff. might look gucci but until they issue gas you will not be able to beat Hexy TV.
  13. The shop at Sennybridge have their own web site I have ordered a few bits, they are always delivered in good time and they have never been beaten on price, if you have any queries call them, they may not be the ultimate testers of the gear but they get all the feedback from the guys that are! They will even advise you against buying gear if it's not right for you. Try them, you will not be disapointed!

P.S. The Jet Boil Stove is £54.29 inc Vat, more than £10 off! And no I don't have shares or any other interests or affiliations to the shop!!
  14. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

If you can be sure of a gas supply they are the business but a little top heavy when full. Buy a stand for the cylinder to stop it falling over.