Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jet-Pack Paramedic

So gives a new meaning to the term paramedic,...as Great North Air Ambulance Service has teamed up to develop the flying paramedic lol.

Heres another thought how about a flying HM Coroner and his merry men/women jetting with a casket or body bag stretcher lol

cheers

Hes the fecking inventor not a paramedic, he's just after publicity.
Makes no sense, so the helicopter can fly him to the scene and rather than land near the incident will fly past and land at the bottom of the hill so he can go up tiddly up into the wild blue yonder like a low rent Tony Stark.

So gives a new meaning to the term paramedic,...as Great North Air Ambulance Service has teamed up to develop the flying paramedic lol.

Heres another thought how about a flying HM Coroner and his merry men/women jetting with a casket or body bag stretcher lol

cheers
With all the inevitability of a classical Greek tragedy ,it is going to end badly.:eek:

Perhaps the great North air ambulance needs some tips from the Northwest air ambulance guys, they have no trouble landing on fell tops, same with the Welsh Air ambulances.
20200929_224414.jpg

Ritch

LE
I had the air ambulance out to me after my accident many moons ago and from what I can remember besides screaming and falling unconscious is that to get one of the paramedics off the ground, the turbines would need to be from a 747.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
how long does it take to divest yourself of all this gear once you're at the casualty?

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
how long does it take to divest yourself of all this gear once you're at the casualty?

Not only that, but the ‘paramedic’ in the jet suit isn’t able to carry much in the way of kit. Normal minimum includes defib, oxygen, drugs, monitors, various instruments, dressings and sundries, etc, in BFO back packs. Depending on the injuries it could mean needing splints, restraints, vacuum mattress and a myriad of other kit carried. A paramedic without kit isn’t much use.

As @BugsyIV states above, SOP is to land as close to the casualty as possible, usually deploying two staff - Doctor and Paramedic.

Even in places where landing is difficult I’ve done one-skid landings to offload the medics and kit then flown to a more suitable parking place to wait.

Another thought: once Jetman has reached the casualty and ‘saved his life’ (with no kit), how does he extricate said casualty?

Still, the story fills a couple of minutes on the news and the inventor gets some more publicity.

Ritch

LE
Another thought: once Jetman has reached the casualty and ‘saved his life’ (with no kit), how does he extricate said casualty?

Still, the story fills a couple of minutes on the news and the inventor gets some more publicity.

Having seen the report on the news, they had the head honcho of the GNAS say that they could carry 15kg of kit when using the system.

They mentioned it'd be stabilising equipment, giving time for other assets to get to the scene and provide further care.

The idea behind the kit is to give assistance ASAP, if someone has had a cardiac arrest, the defib and drugs are vital. Getting to the casualty pronto is of the utmost importance. That's why us CFRs are vital to our local community, we can get to the casualty within minutes and hold the fort until the ambulance arrives.

If all the pilot is going to do is administer drugs, cpr and defib then take the person out of the equation and use a drone and a nearby member of the public. Provide them with the kit and some of those mixed reality glasses and you have a similar solution for about a third of the cost which is already developed.

Jet suits are not the future.

Up the fells is not the same as the high street, you don't just get someone nearby. The chain of survival comes into play. A bystander can't administer drugs.
cos.png

15kg of kit? Mine weighs 17.6kg. What are they leaving behind?
Screenshot_20200930-093943_Gallery.jpg
20200930_094258.jpg

Speaking to helimed pilot today and to quote him

What a load of bollox

We have a short arsęd Yemeni guard who's a ******* liability in every sense of the word, can't or won't use a radio, same for the phone.
Freezes when there's an incident.
Barely speaks English.
Claims he cannot lift the Cardiac response bag...
Don't know how he knows this as he has never tried ... I am dying to put it on him and go to an incident on the top floor...when the lifts are off.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer

ZW Clanger

Old-Salt
Be interesting to see the casualty following the paramedic landing next to him and frying him with the jet blast...
Sprain your ankle and end up looking like Niki Lauda