Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Jet Boil recall

Aye, i have one from a few years ago at least, fine (ish) had to replace the igniter from the repair kit, nephew bought one with a few of his mates, igniters have all gone apart from one. And much slower on the time taken to boil up.

Notos said:
Aye, i have one from a few years ago at least, fine (ish) had to replace the igniter from the repair kit, nephew bought one with a few of his mates, igniters have all gone apart from one.

Yep, same here. I'm on my 3rd igniter now. I still think its a super bit of kit though.

My igniter was a bit dodgy for a while, but if you just fiddle with it, and push it around the wee ignition pad, it seems to fix the problem. Worked for me anyway ^^

Mine is ok .Had to replace the igniter once .Only problem is you tend to cook alot more than your own scoff .Its great hearing "Dont bother getting your hexi out we will be moving off soon "Only to be already drinking a brew :D

other than "jetboil" is there a faster way of cooking....dont say microwave... i saw a "turbo" cooker somewhere a long time ago.. just wanted to know what it was..

Emailed Jetboil they are doing free for USA but they gave me the addy to email for us lucky UK pple.
Have pasted the whole response so that everyone knows what the answer to our problem is :D

Thanks for your email. You have two possible courses of action, either return it to your retailer, or direct to ourselves. Please note that we are unable to dispatch replacement stoves to anything but a UK address.

The normal course of action is to return your Jetboil to the shop you purchased it from for inspection and any required corrective action. This is because your retailer will replace it, or forward it onto us at their expense. If this is not possible, you can return the product to direct to Lyon Equipment. This will be carried out as a gesture of goodwill as the product has not been directly purchased from Lyon, and also means that we can not refund your postage.

If you choose to send it direct to us, please use the following address;

Lyon Customer Services

Clock Garage Industrial Estate

Tebay

Penrith

Cumbria

CA10 3SS

Please include your name and address and daytime delivery address for return.

Hope this helps and i'm so glad that a BFPO number counts as UK address (or does it)