jet boil gas?

#2
CS, Tabun, Sarin, or the more modern ones?
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#3
Sarin's hard to light unfortunately.
 
#4
cheers mate - seriously is there anywhere in Theatre that the cannisters are available? as normal the Crabs wont let us fly with them
 
#5
Your not allowed to light fires in theartres, theres a big sign on the fire curtain
 
#6
Firemen to the irons please, firemen to the irons.
 
#7
Cheers for the helpful advice - i fly to Afghan in 7 days and was just hoping i might get advice from someone who has just got back or is still there. Had trouble getting it last time. Cheers fellas
 
#8
wheres msr when you need the normal qoute

ask your psi if you have one lol :) good luck mate but your only hope is if the yanks px stock them but i dont think they do
 
#9
try one of these:

 
#11
Empire said:
cheers mate

Im a regular so dont have PSIs tho!!
Your fu*ked then with no one to ask lol

well go to a TA guy and ask him to ask his PSI lol

good luck mate, i dont remeber seeing any,
but then again i wasnt looking either.
 
#13
Gas is available through the system as are jetboils.

Where you off to? UK QMs and Yanks Logs had plenty in KAF, feck loads knocking around Bastion. Same threaded canisters and gas type as Coleman gas, Taymar gas and certain Camping Gaz.
 
#15
My QM will be in Bastion so that should be sorted then. Thanks for the advice CC_TA very helpful. Wasnt really looking forward to Hexy TV again!
 
#16
Empire said:
My QM will be in Bastion so that should be sorted then. Thanks for the advice CC_TA very helpful. Wasnt really looking forward to Hexy TV again!
No worries - But what's wrong with Hexy TV!?! :lol:

DesktopCommando said:
part number for the jet boils ? :)
NSN not sure - most C/S/BQMS just put 'Jet Boil' on the laundry list. Some were putting in for Coleman Exponent stove as well as the Jet-boil.

 
#17
I bought an MSR Dragonfly to avoid this problem. Not as quick to light or convenient as gas but it will run on paraffin or diesel which you can get anywhere. It has an adjustable flame too so you can cook on it properly rather than just boil things. Makes it a bit more versatile. Weighs sod all.

It can run on petrol or naptha by changing the supplied jet - takes a few minutes.

http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/stoves/basecamp-stoves/dragonfly/product



Optimus make a neat one too:

http://www.gear-zone.co.uk/eshop/Optimus-Nova-Multi-fuel-Stove.html
 
#18
You can get gas in KAF, can't remember which PX, and then when you board any stampede flight onwards the gas all gets collected and placed in a bag that the loady stowes somewhere. A tip is to permi pen your name on all the canisters otherwise anyone can claim its theirs.
Note that it will not be allowed on a helicopter out of KAF but will be out of BSN (God knows why?!?!)
hope this helps
 
#19
CC_TA said:
Gas is available through the system as are jetboils.

Where you off to? UK QMs and Yanks Logs had plenty in KAF, feck loads knocking around Bastion. Same threaded canisters and gas type as Coleman gas, Taymar gas and certain Camping Gaz.
No duff or am I wah'ed again?
 
#20
freedomman said:
CC_TA said:
Gas is available through the system as are jetboils.

Where you off to? UK QMs and Yanks Logs had plenty in KAF, feck loads knocking around Bastion. Same threaded canisters and gas type as Coleman gas, Taymar gas and certain Camping Gaz.
No duff or am I wah'ed again?
No Duff and certainly no Wahrage, I had to in-inspect 200 odd Coleman stoves and God knows how many Jet Boils. There out there to be used - unless your QMs Dept are a bit pants and prefers to store stuff rather than issue it.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top