Jet Blue Pilot Goes off the Rocker - Flight 191 from NYC to Vegas Grounded

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by redshift, Mar 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks like the guy had some sort of break down en route, the co-pilot kicked him out of the cabin, the passengers tackled him.

Apparently, he was heard screaming about Iran, Iraq, God.

The pilot, one Mr. Clayton Osbon is apparently one of Jet Blue's most experienced pilots (18,000+ hrs) and is one of their flight standard captains as well. Dealing with JB's passengers and the TSA must have finally pushed him over the edge!

The Associated Press: JetBlue captain: 'They're going to take us down!'
    A JetBlue Pilot 'Tried To Take Down' A Plane Today
    JetBlue 191 Passenger Says Pilot Screamed About 'Iran' And 'Iraq'
    Pilot Who Lost It On Flight 191 Was One Of JetBlue's Oldest

Anyways, not the first time some thing like this happened at Jet Blue, last year one of their flight attendants, Steven Slater grabbed two beers from the galley, activated the plane’s inflatable emergency slide, said "**** you"", then slid down the chute. Good times!
  2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Typical lightweight, just the two beers?
  3. [​IMG]
    My God he has a beard and that is the White House behind him, run away, run away!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Talk about picking your flight to flip on. This one was full of people flying to a security conference. Explains the rush to clobber him.
  5. I know exactly how he felt, it's only hefty doses of single malt before entering the airport that prevent me doing the same every time I fly.
  6. I always liked the story about the world's worst hijacker, who stood up in a plane, drew a gun and shouted "take this plane to Detroit". "But we're going to Detroit anyway, Sir", explained a trolley-dolly. "Er, OK, well, good, then" said the gunman, and sat down.
  7. It must be hard being a Ryan Air pilot.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I'd been wondering what George Bush was up to since Barry O was voted in.