Jesus killed by clot?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Awol, Jun 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4075936.stm

What a waste of time. How the hell can they say with any sort of precision what killed a semi-fictitious character two thousand years ago? I have no problem with Jesus being a real character and the focus of a faith, but this does all seem a bit silly. Firstly it is impossible anyway, and secondly, as the whole thing is an issue of faith, does it matter?

Tune in again tomorrow for the next episode of 'Daily Philosophy with Awol.'

2. The usual cause of death associated with crucifixition is, suffocation. The victim becomes too weak to lift themselves in the manner necessary to breathe when in that postion.

"Crucifixion, its a horrible lingering death!"

"Yeh, but at least it gets you out in the open air"

3. Next week: "Obi-Wan Kenobi died of severe lightsaber injuries".

4. DVT, eh? I've often thought that travelling BA is akin to crucifixion.

5. "Jesus killed by clot" - does anyone know his name ?. If it was John Prescott he won't be charged.

6. I'm sure we can now look forward to clots being banned.

7. 307

307 War Hero

Crucifixtion actually kills you by drowning you in your own fluids, due to the position you are in you cannot rid your lungs of the fluid so slowly and painfully drown. Indeed a horrbile death.
    Just a quick edit, don't you think it's really weird that the biggest symbol of Christianity is a crucifix whixh was the instrument that killed the leader of the christian faith? Bit weird?

8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Only sharp pointy clots....

9. Brian aside, the Roman’s generally broke the legs of the crucified in order to hasten death since there was often a method of allowing the victim to take some of his/her weight on their feet (this could either be provided support or nails hammered through the heel bones). A spear in the abdomen was often used in order ensure death – hence the whole multiple wounds which Thomas is supposed to have demanded sight of as proof of Jesus’ resurrection (Spear in the side, two hands and two feet).

10. As Bill Hicks once said: "Yeah, that's weird, like you never see Jackie Kennedy walking around wearing a little sniper rifle."

11. Awol, I hate to embarass you and point out the typing error in your thread title but;

where you meant to type, "believed in by" you've managed to hit, "killed". Sorry.

12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

The image of Christ crucified is an add on by the Church in mediaeval times. Reminder of the Passion ie painful bloody mortal death of Christ.

( Where's mackerel-snappin' Mel Gibson when you need him!)

Early Christians used the fish symbol - St Peter, Fisher of Men.

The Templars adopted an even earlier pagan cruciform symbol, not associated with fascist proto-Nazi Roman (WOCAB!) implement of torture.

Anyone read The Far Arena ?

Le Chevre

13. There was something on telly the other day, that went into human behaviour in regards to death, and it "concluded" that the cross was a variation of the idea of using suffering to rally and bolden.

15. It's the reason why Bishops wear a fish-head on their own. Doesn't half look silly, but that's only my opinion. Maybe they should paint in the eyes to give them verisimilitude.