Jessops goes tits up.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AIR FILTER, Jan 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fascinating.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Might be able to snaffle some cheap binos for hunting!

3. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Damn, I thought this was going to be a picture thread featuring the delightful Sammi...

4. I had no idea who she was.
    untitled.png

5. Judging bŷ the picture quality I'd say her snapper needs to get his arse down to Jessops before they close down!

• Like Like x 4
  6. They were shite, no loss there. Made their money flogging unnecessarily expensive kit to people who knew no better; their assistants couldn't answer any detailed questions and all they did was try to sell you whatever had the greatest number of megapixels. Warehouse Express have been cleaning their clock for at least a couple of years.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Has been on the cards for a couple of years, pc world and currys will be next.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It was a great place to look around for ideas and then nip home and get it off the internet for half the price.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Many years ago I was left a camera, far too advanced and far too complicated for me, so I approached Jessops to see if they would purchase same.
    I'm fuckin glad they've gone to the wall as I realised some time after agreeing a price as a naive kid what its true value was..............not bitter like!

10. They were very good years ago though.

11. Good. I went into PC World a few weeks ago looking to buy. The clowns wandering about in fancy dress turned out to be the sales staff. When I eventually attracted the attention of one of these morons, and asked a question in normal everyday English, all I got was a blank look. I repeated my request for information to the cowboy suited half-wit who then wandered off to bring back a colleague dressed as a pirate. No joy from Cap`n Kidd, he just gestured towards the bloke in the Gorilla suit.
    I don`t give up easily, but that was enough more me. I drove back home. Good riddance PC World/Currys.

• Like Like x 2
  12. You're spot on there. I once got 'helped' by the Saturday boy in my local Jessops, he didn't know an SD card from an STD.

Best camera shop I ever graced with my presence was Carmarthen Camera Centre, or words to that effect. Despite the staff being Welsh, they were very knowledgable and helpful!

13. Should have gone to London Camera Exchange, used to buy cameras at second hand shops take em to LCE and make a profit.