Jersey Wool Heavy

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by General Melchett, Jan 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Is the JWH still an authorised form of dress with CS95? Seen loads of Siggy types wearing them about these parts over the DPM shirt/jacket, jacket/shirt..oh whatever it's supposed to be.

The other thing too, thay all had Union flag, TRFs and Div patches sewn on them, plus the obligatory rank and name tapes. G A F.
  2. Why not! Doesn't it get cold where you are?
  3. I am lead to believe that it is an add on piece of kit which should be utilised when the weather is too cold for just Shirts but not cold enough for fleeces. Ive also heard that CO's have the option to make a policy decision for his/her Regt to wear.
  4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Yes, but I just make sure I wear a T-shirt under my shirt, roll the sleeves down and put a jacket on.

The plethora of badges was the main thing I was wondering about.
  5. (Slopes inserts Raving Pedant chip)

Isn't it known as a 'Jumper Heavy Wool'?

(Slopes removes aforementioned chip)
  6. Wear mine still.

It pisses off the OC. But it keeps me warm and man do I look good in it.++++++++++ It keeps me warm.

I know some Cavalry Regts still have them, although in a different colour.
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I thought the chip had been surgically implanted! :lol: :lol:

...and it's a 'Jersey Heavy Wool', surely?

8. Fleeces? fleeces...? You guys get to wear fleeces now? Be bloody baseball caps next...

Got stopped in the States near the Mexican border about ten years ago by the US Border Patrol. After realising I was the holder of a real passport (Her Britannic Majesty etc) and not a soaking wet Mexican, he mentioned that he was wearing one of our woollys as nothing else was as warm. Not sure if they were issued or the lads got hold of them themselves.

Bet they wouldn't be seen dead wearing fleeces :)
  9. In these cases of confusion, just reverse the order in which the words would normally be. eg strut jack = jack strut
    therefore by this flawed reasoning heavy woollen jumper becomes jumper woollen heavy.
    Anyone else think that awol should be making more posts, if purely for the picture.
  10. absolutely nothing to do with the picture but AWOL's charming wit but yes I agree AWOL should be posting at least a post on every topic daily :roll:
  11. If not two (!). :wink:
  12. Label inside mine says:

Does that mean there really i a different version called:

13. 2 RGJ wear them.
  14. Personally I'm a fan of the rather nifty S95 version. I managed to blag one at Warminster just after they were introduced - and just before they were withdrawn - when I was on a course, thus making myself the only person in my unit to have one. Anyway, just as warm as the original JHW but a tad smarter in my humble opinion.
  15. Ok whats the diference?