Jersey to declare UDI

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by brighton hippy, Jun 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A lot of the smaller island depencies are reliant on offshore banking for economic survival. It'll be interesting to see what happens as you can bet the Caymans will also jump if independence looks rosier.
  2. This is how to get shot of the bennies - give them tax exempt status and some oil, they'll want to be independent quicker than you can say 'Port Stanley'.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. And what does Blue Sophos as our very own resident Jersey have to say on the matter? Will he be allowed to enter Arrse without a valid visa?
    On a slightly more serious note, best of luck to them. I was there last week, the place is delightful more so because it is a Europe free zone.
  4. Phew! Even fewer trips to see the outlaws!! :)
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Great when do we invade? We should be sending our unemployed there as fruit pickers, why should the euros have all the cheap booze!

Plus apart from a mate from there all the birds I have met seemed fit and up for it (I may have been viewing them through beer goggles)
  6. could we sell them to argentina? that would amuse me
    • Like Like x 3
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  8. Them weirdos who think they own South America.
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

10. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Sensible answer for current affairs - how long is an independent Jersey going to last with the massive EU trade embargo on? None of the other major European countries like their little tax doging either, so they'd get little sympathy from anyone else.

And for when this gets moved to the Naafi - fantastic. Even our reduced armed forces could invade and conquer Jersey. And with their track record of collaborating we won't get much of an insurgency.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. To be fair it not like an resistance had a teeming horde of people or Jungle/Mountains to disapear in to. Whats Jersey 40 Sq. Miles ish.
    • Like Like x 1