Jersey Enquiry Re-Visited

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by blue-sophist, Nov 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

The former deputy Chief Officer of the States of Jersey Police [Lenny Harper] enjoyed many national headlines over the last 12 months, but probably not this one.

NO MURDERS IN JERSEY

On the One o'clock News, it was also announced that the Chief Officer of SOJP [Graham Power] has been suspended.

Regrettably, last month, the Home Affairs Minister resigned suddenly and surprisingly after a minor row in the Council of Ministers ... over a relatively trivial procedural issue completely unconnected with the Haut de la Garenne Enquiry. So there'll be little enlightenment from that quarter, although the Minister always offered full support for Lenny Harper and Graham Power.

More Jersey News is available at THIS IS JERSEY
    In fact, it was all borrocks, and cost the Island over £7 million.

2. And on the BBC it was used to deflect the Headlines off quite a number of Gordon's rougher days, demoting some of the news items about the missing IR data disks down to 2nd or 3rd item ln news programmes.

I understand the BBC has also been accused of "inflating" the news from the Jersey childrens home story.

3. blue-sophist

IMO, over the last 12 months, the Media naturally salivated over the possibilities offered by Lenny Harper's "Dungeons of Death" and Lenny just kept feeding them more raw meat. Anything that seemed to contradict his pre-conceived ideas was rejected, such as the fact that landfill soil from an old cemetery was possibly involved in the "sub-floor voids". And the bit of coconut shell, and the bit of bent wire, were inflated to become what he wanted them to be.

I have no idea whether Harper was a complete idiot, or trying to finish his moderate undistinguished career with a bang. I do have reason to believe that he was NOT a good, proper Police Officer, who allowed personal feelings to dominate his thinking [and I will not go much further on that point, thank you].
    I also have reason to believe that the Chief Officer, now suspended [at last] was overwhelmed by his deputy ... and that neither of them were in any way properly overseen by the relevant/irrelevant Minister.

IMO the Minister, the Chief and the Deputy were all, in different ways, unfit for purpose. Thank God we now have Mr Warcup. And I mean that MOST sincerely ... SOJP have been out of control for years.

4. I believe he was the Father-in-Law of a British Officer killed in Iraq. His daughter was pregnant when her husband was killed. Perhaps he's had more on his mind.

5. So the holidays I was planning,taking people to see the site of these horrific murders,the torture chambers,the blood stained bath will have to be cancelled ?

6. blue-sophist

Indeed ... I believe the Youth Hostel aspect is currently defunct. You may however visit numerous jolly German bunkers from WW2, including the Underground Hospital built by slave labour.
    Not a very funny place either.

7. blue-sophist

As a non-resident, you may have a more charitable view.

There are many here would say that Mr Harper abused his Police powers extensively. This is NOT the first time he has attracted adverse media attention.

8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

He's just been on R4 saying that he never said that stuff, others implied it from what he did say!

I must remember that.

9. blue-sophist

And Telegraph On-Line has updated ...
    READ IT HERE

... although they got the cost of the enquiry wrong. It's not £4m, it's £7.5m.

You guys have no idea how relieved most islanders are that this dreadful Media dung-fest, generated by Harper and silently backed by Power, has finally been exposed as simple BORROCKS.

The Child Abuse Enquiry was massively diverted by Harper's blinkered determination to create something murderously wonderful to finish his career ... especially when you consider what a shallow career he had. An ex-RAFP, went civvy, made inspector, back to sgt on a job-change, and eventually made it all the way up to Superintendent before getting the job in Jersey as Deputy Chief Officer [How? Why?].

And an OBE to finish would have been nice? Or am I being cynical?

10. blue-sophist

Some of it HE said, some was mis-digested vomited by the Media ... but he still kept feeding them.

Remember the first big speech? [the bit of coconut shell] ... "We have found what we believe to be parts of a child's body". That's what he said. Pillock.

11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Another one not on your dinner party list then. Fair do's you did say it right from the start.

12. You can always go to Belgium or Austria - the Premier League of Peadophiles! :twisted:

13. blue-sophist

Can we move on, please? This is not a NAAFI topic.

This is about a VERY senior police officer who has [it is alleged] severely mishandled a major enquiry in the full light of the World's media.

Thanks, guys.

14. It seems to me hat the jersey establishment tried to cover this up fom the start. when that didn't work they attacked the SIO. Even he said it would be difficult to prove murder many months ago. He was even getting threatining phone calls FFS.

The way to deal with jersey is direct rule and a task force from the UK to sort out the whole rotten pile, get rid of this honorary police malarky, bring in outsiders to run the legal system, nationalis the banks and investigate where all the cash has come from. Either that or declare UDI and pull out.

Trotsky

15. Sorry Sir,
    The bigger boys made me do it.