jerry cans?

just wondering how far do u av 2 carry the jerry cans in selection? and how much do they weigh my m8 was sayin summin bout it?

welshlad91 said:
just wondering how far do u av 2 carry the jerry cans in selection? and how much do they weigh my m8 was sayin summin bout it?
Use the search as theres sh1t loads on this topic.

They weigh 22kg each and you carry them for 150 metres.

oh ok nice 1 thanks:D

i did selection the other week and the PTI's said they are 20KG each and have to walk 150 metres with them.

lol so are they 22 or 20 kg? lol

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
welshlad91 said:
1 litre of water = 1kg

Jerry can capacity - 20 litres

So unless they are filling the cans with gearbox oil, have a guess!

Proper_job said:
Don't use the excuse your hands were sweating when you drop them poof ;)
Yeah thats a cracker. My favourite is "the water came out the jerry can and wet the handle so my hand slipped" though.

Fugly said:
welshlad91 said:
1 litre of water = 1kg

So assume an empty jerry can is 1kg a piece, thats a grand total of 22kg for two full jerry cans :)

geordie...

I do believe that TWO jerry cans weighing 1kg each, and filled with 20kg of water each will be the grand total of 42kg......

I maybe wrong, I only got a C at GSCE maths...

Jamie

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
geordie_g said:
Fugly said:
welshlad91 said:
1 litre of water = 1kg

So assume an empty jerry n is 1kg a piece, thats a grand total of 22kg for two full jerry cans :)
In addition to the glaring error highlighted in the post above:

You're assuming an empty jerry can is 1kg. Ignoring the rest of your mathematical incompetence, you're also assuming that they fill the jerry can to the brim.

They've being doing this for a while now - i suspect they have a set of scales - (I know the budget is tight) :roll:

geordie_g said:
Fugly said:
welshlad91 said:
1 litre of water = 1kg

So assume an empty jerry can is 1kg a piece, thats a grand total of 22kg for two full jerry cans :)
A grand total of 42Kg with each jerry can weighing at 21KG each, but they take into account what the jerry can weighs.

But the total of each jerry can is 20KG.

A grand total of 42Kg with each jerry can weighing at 21KG each, but they take into account what the jerry can weighs.
That is of course assuming conditions of standard temperature and pressure. The can will remain constant as will the volume, but the mass of water will of course vary according to the temperature at the time the can was filled if the can was sealed or the ambient temperatture otherwise.

IIRC you get an extra second for each degree centigrade below 21C and one less for each degree above. If your DS don't tell you about this you get an automatic pass - inisist on checking it out with the course commandant - its part of your human rights. There is a table that shows the extra allowances for differences in barometric pressure so you need to check the met to calculate the exact time allowed.

Anyway its all explained in the a bit at the end of the recruiting DVD.

GoodIdeaAtTheTime said:
That is of course assuming conditions of standard temperature and pressure. The can will remain constant as will the volume, but the mass of water will of course vary according to the temperature at the time the can was filled if the can was sealed or the ambient temperatture otherwise.

IIRC you get an extra second for each degree centigrade below 21C and one less for each degree above. If your DS don't tell you about this you get an automatic pass - inisist on checking it out with the course commandant - its part of your human rights. There is a table that shows the extra allowances for differences in barometric pressure so you need to check the met to calculate the exact time allowed.

Anyway its all explained in the a bit at the end of the recruiting DVD.
Very true, but, you are forgetting one thing. It depends what water they are using too? Lets say the water they use has been in contact at some point with trace amounts of radioactivity, thus changing its atomic weight? Would this also not affect the overall weight? What about distance of earth from the moon? Since the last time they were weighed the moon could have moved a billionth of a pico-millimeter closer, therefore affecting gravity.........so many factors :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mechanicalhorsetrough Old & Bold 2
skid2 Weapons, Equipment & Rations 11
A Health and Fitness 12