Jerry Can Test

Hi,

For the Jerry Can Test at Selection, What exactly do you have to do?

What happens if you drop it?

And if you fail it does it mean you have no chance of passing the overall selection?

I've been practacing with a bag full of weights at 20kg . I can lift it but Im not sure I will be able to get it round the 180m track .

i have heard you need to hold a full jerry can above your head running along next to a panzer shouting at the bloke to slow down. i think the length of the route is 400m. Dont forget you have to carry it back

The_Rattler said:
i have heard you need to hold a full jerry can above your head running along next to a panzer shouting at the bloke to slow down. i think the length of the route is 400m. Dont forget you have to carry it back
and after that, you have to answer 5 general knowledge questions, faster than the jerrycan

I'll give you a hint. They use heavier water. You might want to try carrying heavier weights.

finnjim said:
The_Rattler said:
and after that, you have to answer 5 general knowledge questions, faster than the jerrycan
5?!

its two jerry cans at 20kg each arm....we did ours in a gym all an you had to walk up an down the hall i think it was about 10 or 12 times, anyway it worked out to 150meters....an if you drop them its a deferal, but you get to stay for the rest of the two days an then next time....guy on my selection dropped it on the first walk up the gym, he tripped on his shoe lace, so make sure its tied...and its not difficult, ALL THE PAIN IS IN YOUR HEAD!

johnboy1990 said:
its two jerry cans at 20kg each arm....we did ours in a gym all an you had to walk up an down the hall i think it was about 10 or 12 times, anyway it worked out to 150meters....an if you drop them its a deferal, but you get to stay for the rest of the two days an then next time....guy on my selection dropped it on the first walk up the gym, he tripped on his shoe lace, so make sure its tied...and its not difficult, ALL THE PAIN IS IN YOUR HEAD!
If the pain is in your head, I would suggest you are carrying them wrong, try using your hands, you’re not applying to be a Ghurkha 8O 8O

In my day we had to move 20 gallons of water across 500 yards carrying nothing but a teaspoon and wearing an enormous costume of a 16th century pirate!

in mt we carried two full cans per hand,, and heaved them on to the backs of stallwarts.-- god the armys getting soft...

you walk about 100m carrying to fairly heavy jerrycans. if you drop them or struggle with it your basically a complete wet homosexual or some kind of 'tard. simple as.

Mr.Bojangles said:
Hi,

For the Jerry Can Test at Selection, What exactly do you have to do?

What happens if you drop it?

And if you fail it does it mean you have no chance of passing the overall selection?

I've been practacing with a bag full of weights at 20kg . I can lift it but Im not sure I will be able to get it round the 180m track .

at the end of the test you find the contents of the jerry cans have beer inside, you have to sup up, but dont forget if you drop it your a shandy drinking puff who will be made to drink DS wee

johnboy1990 said:
Ok some really good adult responses from you all but this ones about the nearest.

Its normally a 30m course and you pick up the two full twenty litre jerry cans up and walk 30metres and turn doing it 5 times (150 metres maximum). Once either of the jerry cans touch the floor they measure your distance and its recorded.
Its not an instant deferral as some jobs dont require you to be as strong (things like RE, REME, RA do require the maximum 150m)but just grit your teeth and go for it.
Couple of hints, make sure the handles are dry before you pick them up, hold both jerry cans the same way (filling caps) and if possible practice your turning (this is where most people drop them when the water is unbalancing you).
Most of its mind over matter though.

Mr.Bojangles said:
hogspawn said:
"Jerry Can Test"

What can Jerry test?
Well Im sure he can test to see if your mothers performance is as good on a cold winters morning as it is on a hot summers evening? :twisted:
Nah, she failed selection, didnt pass the Jerry Can test.