Jerry Can Test

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Mr.Bojangles, Feb 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

For the Jerry Can Test at Selection, What exactly do you have to do?

What happens if you drop it?

And if you fail it does it mean you have no chance of passing the overall selection?

I've been practacing with a bag full of weights at 20kg . I can lift it but Im not sure I will be able to get it round the 180m track .
  2. i have heard you need to hold a full jerry can above your head running along next to a panzer shouting at the bloke to slow down. i think the length of the route is 400m. Dont forget you have to carry it back
  3. lol its easy but if you drop them then adios
  4. and after that, you have to answer 5 general knowledge questions, faster than the jerrycan
  5. I'll give you a hint. They use heavier water. You might want to try carrying heavier weights.
  6. 5?!
  7. its two jerry cans at 20kg each arm....we did ours in a gym all an you had to walk up an down the hall i think it was about 10 or 12 times, anyway it worked out to if you drop them its a deferal, but you get to stay for the rest of the two days an then next time....guy on my selection dropped it on the first walk up the gym, he tripped on his shoe lace, so make sure its tied...and its not difficult, ALL THE PAIN IS IN YOUR HEAD!
  8. If the pain is in your head, I would suggest you are carrying them wrong, try using your hands, you’re not applying to be a Ghurkha 8O 8O
  9. its not hard at all youl piss it unless your a complete mong
  10. In my day we had to move 20 gallons of water across 500 yards carrying nothing but a teaspoon and wearing an enormous costume of a 16th century pirate!
  11. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

When I were a lad you woke up with a bladder heavier than that before a BFT :lol:
  12. in mt we carried two full cans per hand,, and heaved them on to the backs of stallwarts.-- god the armys getting soft...
  13. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I did my HGV2 in a Stally :lol: and my HGV1 in a chippy :wink:
  14. great days...
  15. you walk about 100m carrying to fairly heavy jerrycans. if you drop them or struggle with it your basically a complete wet homosexual or some kind of 'tard. simple as.