Jeremy Vine Show - Request for Forces Families Feedback

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Good CO, Oct 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

From the BBC:

The Jeremy Vine Show on BBC Radio 2 is covering the MoD survey of spouses on its programme today. We would like to hear from any wives, husbands, or partners who feel that army life has had a negative effect on their relationship and especially anyone who has tried to or who has successfully persuaded their partner to quit the forces to save their relationship. Please contact and include a phone number where we could ring you back this morning if you are happy to talk to us. Emails sent to that address may be read as comments on the programme.

Umbrella note from me:

Please note that this is a request for families to contact the show, not serving soldiers, who would breach MOD regulations in doing so.
  2. Might also be worth keeping an eye on the debate on Jeremy Vine's forum:

Jeremy Vine Exiles forum

Hope "Wife Mk1" is being armed up and down the country. :D
  3. Is he interested in children of forces personnel?
  4. Probably, but not in that way........ 8O
  5. :D Shame.

6. I listened to this today and was quite surprised that a lot of the people who phoned in and contacted the show didn't have much sympathy for the families, stating that if they don't like it don't marry soldiers. A few compared today to WWII when families were apart for longer than 6 months at a time. Troops may get sympathy but the families certainly don't!
  7. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Interesting insight into public opinion. When we push the Army in Society bit, it is useful to know where there is public sympathy and where there isn't. Exploit success and don't reinforce failure all that..
  8. Interesting to compare the phone in to the one that took place in the aftermath of the deployment of force to Heathrow. Joe Public were gushing about how glad they were to have a visible presence at Heathrow.
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

As I said elsewhere they love us if there's the possibility of them actually having to face real danger. :x