Jeremy Vine Radio 2 NOW

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by the_boy_syrup, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Nimby v The rest

Listen in :D
  2. Eh can't mate, stuck at work. How is it coming across?
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Can't get a feed. Anyone able to give a running log of the key bitch slaps?
  4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Only caught the last 10 mins and it was Simon Weston, and a chap from SSAFA (Atholl Hendrie I think but don't quote me).

Both made the case for the Grays Lane application to be accepted. Ended with Jeremy Vine saying that none of the objectors was willing to take part in the broadcast.

Prog still ongoing, reading emails and taking phone calls. All supportive so far apart from one fool from Norfolk who called in to say "It's an illegal war so they don't deserve any better". Countered immediately by serving bloke on the other line asking "So, have you ever served your country?"........"um, ah. No."

Can't do verbatim I'm afraid as I'm flying on painkillers.
  5. I was absolutly raging at that idiot. Fair play to the squaddie for staying cool! There was another bloke who put the same old arguements in favour of the objectors across, but they've already been comprehensivly destroyed on the greyslane site and this and other forums.
  6. When the bloke from Norfolk came on, I was ranting in a good fashion, nothing wrong with that, except all the windows were open and I was stuck in traffic :oops:

Good work by the other bloke staying calm in the face of a nobber.
  7. He's from Norfolk. He probably hasn't the foggiest what's going on and it's probably the first time he's been outside the house after years of being used as a human condom by his Dad. Wouldn't you want to vent your spleen if you were a buggered rigid, pointy headed, slack jawed, f*ckwit?

8. Sadly missed the item as I was at work but was aware of it. Hopefully this will help attract attention to the disgusting attitude of these people who dare to call themselves freemen of this island nation.
    IMHO they are people who, to paraphrase John Stuart Mill, "have nothing they care about more than their own personal saftey (self interest)" and are "miserable creatures with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than themselves"
    For my part I am a time served khaki brain (1975 - 1999) with a son in law just back off Op Herrick and a son just two days into it so I think I have the right to be more than a little outraged at these pathetic moral dwaves!!! I hope they hear of this and other threads on the subject and it offends them. Being offended does not bleed and won't put you in a wheelchair!!
  9. Well said that man.
  10. Best bit for me, was when the bloke asked the Norfolk fcukwit if he had served.

NFW replied no and was told, "well your opinion doesn't count then."

11. Quote of the year? :salut: