Jeremy Corbyn, how can they not see?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Maple, Apr 20, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being a bit of a wishey-washy liberal type but also a realist I just don't understand how JC's supporters don't get how crap he is on multiple levels. I mean I've had to brief staff officers on matters of great importance only to have them ignore the bleeding obvious in the past, I get it, blind stupidity/over confidence/chance of promotion etc, but surely the most in-breed card-carrying Marxist must see the self-evident truth. LABOUR ARE DOOMED!

I turn to the gentle readers of Arrse for balanced and reasoned explanations -

(If I'd really wanted that I wouldn't have put this here)

Conspiracy theories and/or excuses please

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 14
    • Like Like x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  2. I sometimes think that there is an element of quasi-religious fervour surrounding JC - Momentum is all rather cult-like...

• Like Like x 35
  3. Today I heard a BBC reporter describe standing outside a meeting ( apparently reporters are not allowed access) in which the PLP was holding their pre election meet, that reporter described hearing people making speech's followed by a loud cheer, it immediately reminded me of the last stand of the Peoples Temple in Guyana when the leaders had murdered all their followers they then went to Jim Jones house, where they all cheered their handy work and then shot themselves dead. Corbyn is Jim Jones and his supporters are too stupid to see this.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 18
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Indeed I don't know of any Western politician in history that has such a cult following. I'm just puzzled as to why....

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ha I was writing my post as you posted that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Momentum remind me of Militant Tendency in the early 80s and they were very much like a cult.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Only to a point; if you look at the absolute crap that is taught in many social science and humanities departments in British universities, you will realise how naïve young people are indoctrinated.

• Like Like x 14
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. DaManBugs

DaManBugs On ROPs Book Reviewer

"He's crap on multiple levels". That's not a universal truth but rather your personal opinion. Explain, then, what leads you to the conclusion that he's "crap on multiple levels"? And which "multiple levels do you mean?

MsG

• Show again braincell x 9
    • Dislike x 6
    • Disagree x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. Argghhhhhhhh not more elction, make it stop..!!!!!!1 please.

• Like Like x 15
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Perhaps you could list out what qualities the man has and why he would be a great choice as leader of this country.

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Even better, how about you list the things he is impressive at?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Errrmmmm.....are we each others sockpuppet? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Your going to find out when the north of England turns blue overnight.

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. I don't think it will.
    I have quite sensible Brexiter friends who admire JC.
    In all other things they are intelligent, even to owning several Moto Guzzi's.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Same as supporters of certain sports teams.
    Yes, you know it was never a penalty for you/WAS a penalty against you, yet you continue to howl abuse at the referee.
    Yes, you know that your side are a long way from the dizzy heights of yesteryear, yet every year is going to be 'this year'.

Happens on other sides of the political spectrum as well - your MP can have sex with a goat on Buckingham Palace forecourt, yet you'll still vote him in at the next poll...

• Like Like x 4