Jeremy Corbyn, how can they not see?

Being a bit of a wishey-washy liberal type but also a realist I just don't understand how JC's supporters don't get how crap he is on multiple levels. I mean I've had to brief staff officers on matters of great importance only to have them ignore the bleeding obvious in the past, I get it, blind stupidity/over confidence/chance of promotion etc, but surely the most in-breed card-carrying Marxist must see the self-evident truth. LABOUR ARE DOOMED!

I turn to the gentle readers of Arrse for balanced and reasoned explanations -

(If I'd really wanted that I wouldn't have put this here)

Conspiracy theories and/or excuses please

Last edited:
Today I heard a BBC reporter describe standing outside a meeting ( apparently reporters are not allowed access) in which the PLP was holding their pre election meet, that reporter described hearing people making speech's followed by a loud cheer, it immediately reminded me of the last stand of the Peoples Temple in Guyana when the leaders had murdered all their followers they then went to Jim Jones house, where they all cheered their handy work and then shot themselves dead. Corbyn is Jim Jones and his supporters are too stupid to see this.

Last edited:
I sometimes think that there is an element of quasi-religious fervour surrounding JC - Momentum is all rather cult-like...
Ha I was writing my post as you posted that.

Indeed I don't know of any Western politician in history that has such a cult following. I'm just puzzled as to why....
Only to a point; if you look at the absolute crap that is taught in many social science and humanities departments in British universities, you will realise how naïve young people are indoctrinated.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Being a bit of a wishey-washy liberal type but also a realist I just don't understand how JC's supporters don't get how crap he is on multiple levels. I mean I've had to brief staff officers on matters of great importance only to have them ignore the bleeding obvious in the past, I get it blind stupidity/over confidence/chance of promotion etc, but surely the most in-bread card-carrying Marxist must see the self-evident truth. LABOUR ARE DOOMED!

I turn to the gentle readers of Arrse for balanced and reasoned explanations -

(If I'd really wanted that I wouldn't have put this here)

Conspiracy theories and/or excuses please
"He's crap on multiple levels". That's not a universal truth but rather your personal opinion. Explain, then, what leads you to the conclusion that he's "crap on multiple levels"? And which "multiple levels do you mean?

MsG

"He's crap on multiple levels". That's not a universal truth but rather your personal opinion. Explain, then, what leads you to the conclusion that he's "crap on multiple levels"? And which "multiple levels do you mean?

MsG
Perhaps you could list out what qualities the man has and why he would be a great choice as leader of this country.

MsG
Your going to find out when the north of England turns blue overnight.

I sometimes think that there is an element of quasi-religious fervour surrounding JC - Momentum is all rather cult-like...
Indeed I don't know of any Western politician in history that has such a cult following. I'm just puzzled as to why....
Same as supporters of certain sports teams.
Yes, you know it was never a penalty for you/WAS a penalty against you, yet you continue to howl abuse at the referee.
Yes, you know that your side are a long way from the dizzy heights of yesteryear, yet every year is going to be 'this year'.

Happens on other sides of the political spectrum as well - your MP can have sex with a goat on Buckingham Palace forecourt, yet you'll still vote him in at the next poll...

I do wonder though say if Corbyn is replaced by another hard leftie as leader of the Labour Party, would alot of the cult followers of Corbyn flock to this new dear leader..... I can't imagine McDonnell or Abbott or Clive Lewis having a cult following....

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Argghhhhhhhh not more elction, make it stop..!!!!!!1 please.
Ah but despite the many links below, we don't yet have a "weapons free" thread going yet so people can't use their humour to its fullest extent by borrowing VG's book of swear words so they can substitute their usual "snowflake" and "apologist" in order to call each other bellthronks, ultracunts and sheeps' cunts prior to mashing away at the mong buttons ...before eventually reaching for the report button.

PM May to Announce Early Election

General Election 08 Jun 17

General Election 2017 - ARRSE Opinion Poll

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Dianne Abbott......

BBC Daily Politics and PMQs

Question Time Commentary

MsG
No, it's a universal truth, tell you what Bugsy, how about bet on the outcome of the election?

Latest Threads