Jeremy Clarkson

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Father_Famine, Jan 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a link to an article by Jezza which appeared in the SUN, the Link is to the MOD Oracle

In my opinion a bloody good read with very many excellent points.

I apologise profusely if this has been posted elsewhere, I couldn't find it under "Jeremy Clarkson"

I am not sure whether this is the right forum, but, you've got to start somewhere and eh its from the Current Bun............
  2. Has it got anything to do with the fact that you can report on Gaza and never be more than an hour from a five star hotel with a fully stocked bar?
  3. :evil: he has a good point .

programs like warzone showing the holiday camp dont help .
    people dying and getting maimed but all folks see on telly is that crap!

good to see jezza and ross kemp bringing the darker side of herrick to the masses :twisted:
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Simple, but very effective Mr Clarkson, or may I jump the gun a little and call you Sir Jeremy?
  5. I'm interested to find out what the actual objectives in Afghanistan, especially the Southern bit of it, are!

So far all we seem to be doing is creating means (trained Afghan Police, ANA Kandaks capable of mounting their own operations, running water, electricity, etc) for an end. What is that end, actually?

If we really want to defeat the Taliban, then why oh why don't we go after them?
  6. I'd rather call him Prime Minister! :D 8)
  7. Good Old JC does it again, puts it all into perspective in a few simple words
  8. On the offensive? sounds like a menas to an end
  9. JC PM does have a ring to it! 8)
  10. Said it before and I will say it again - JC is a legend and is prime PM material. Richard Littlejohn as Home Secretary - job done!
  11. He's not alone in his opinions, and in fact there's been at least one previous article by (I think) a Times writer expressing a sort of bewildered admiration for the Army in Afghanistan - bewildered because he had no idea what the Army was actually trying to achieve there, and in view of the history of the place whether our politicians actually believed that they could change anything for the better without making everything a lot worse first.

When I see a definitive political plan for the place which isn't just a scanned wetdream by the likes of Blair and Bush, I'll give my support for the expedition there. I'm now persuaded that we have no damned business there other than in killing the people who killed our relatives on 9/11 and events thereafter, and getting out.
  12. Seconded. :D
  13. Mr Clarkson is mildly amusing when discussing the principles of the internal combustion engine. Littledick would need to live in the UK in order to be Home Secretary. I suggest that he serves his country best by staying the feck out of it.
  14. Clarkson is a legend. But Littlejohn? A man with an unhealthy obsession with homosexuality who writes on life in Britain from a Florida mansion based on the account of the Daily Mail and it's readers? Book me a flight to Canada now...
  15. Ashie,I would sooner have someone like Richard Littlejohn as Home Secretary than any of your friends in the Labour Party.