Jeremy Clarkson - 186MPH in London

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Infiltrator, May 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

I'm not entirely convinced that it's true....the Limehouse link is covered with cameras, but if it is true, then the man just goes from strength to strength in my eyes.

Proof that it's not speed that kills, just coming to a sudden stop!

I suspect that this is just Clarkson doing some stirring....
  2. BBC have said he was being flippant - road safety wallahs were throwing their arms up in outrage apparently.

Clarkson for PM!
  3. 186mph on the Limehouse Link? Cameras all over the road on both sides and most likely that would be achieved by something that has overshot the runway at London City.

A JC wind up perhaps but so what. The man should have statues erected in homage to his wisdom:

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you.”

“We all know that small cars are good for us. But so is cod liver oil. And jogging. I want to drive around in a Terminator, not the heroine in an EM Forster novel."

"Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed. I do, and it helps."

"The Maserati 3500 GT. Now this for me, when I was little, was like kind of like Jordan and Cameron Diaz in a bath together playing with lots of jelly."

"I don’t often agree with the RSPCA as I believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time."

"Racing cars which have been converted for road use never really work. It’s like making a hard core adult film, and then editing it so that it can be shown in British hotels. You’d just end up with a sort of half hour close up of some bloke’s sweaty face."

"This is a Renault Espace, probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that’s much to shout about. That’s like saying ‘Oh good, I’ve got syphilis, the best of the sexually transmitted diseases!’"

"There are shanty towns in South Africa that are built better than Renaults!"

"The Suzuki Wagon R should be avoided like unprotected sex with an Ethiopian transvestite."

"I don't understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?"

"Britian's nuclear submarines have been deemed unsafe...probably because they don't have wheel-chair access."

On America: "250 million w@nkers living in a country with no word for w@nker.They’re thick, humourless, over-governed and have no dress sense."
  4. 186 mph on the Limehouse link? When did he do this - when London was last evacuated?

5. Well I did say this would all happen! :twisted:
    Link to thread
  6. If he was doing 174+ mph then the cameras (normal GATSO type) will not have got him as it cannot take 2 photos quickly enough.

Ages ago TopGear did a bit about it and eventually used a TVR Sagaris to blast past at 174mph and there was only one image: not enough for the "safety camera" partnership to calculate a speed from.

Still, 184 in a Veyron is going a bit slowly... even I have gone a bit faster on the roads.