• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Jeremy Bamber

The "White House Farm" murderer's case goes back to CCRC today. I am sure it will lead to acquittal or more likely a retrial.
As a case of badly mishandled investigations there can be little doubt he should not have been found guilty on the basis of what was presented to court.
Anyone else following this case?

As a case of badly mishandled investigations there can be little doubt he should not have been found guilty on the basis of what was presented to court.
Anyone else following this case?
A quick question if I may,
What exactly was your role in the investigation?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think it was a massive **** up, the sister did it BUT he did little to help convince people he was innocent with the way he was acting
Only two people know and one of them is dead, which is the only way to keep a secret. But yes, the investigation and subsequent prosecution was a massive **** up and the forensics were all over the place. A man should not do life just because he is not media savvy.

But yes, the investigation and subsequent prosecution was a massive **** up and the forensics were all over the place. A man should not do life just because he is not media savvy.
To make such a positve staement you must have been part of the investigation so could you share your experience with us?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
To make such a positve staement you must have been part of the investigation so could you share your experience with us?
I'd be glad to, had I had anything to do with the investigation. But I didnt. I was somewhere else and I got witnesses. Thank God.

But from memory, Babylon was under presure for a quick result, at a time when they were under the hammer because the rules were changing. We were about to rid ourselves of the time honoured tradition of the 'Fit-Up'. Verbals were about to be consigned to history. Sadly, this came a tad bit late for Bamber as his poisonous ex-girlfriend and his grasping family (half a mill at stake) who coerced a complient police force to stitch the boy up like a kipper.

Consider. Bamber gets a call at 3.00am saying "HELP. Your sister has gone nuts and she has a gun" from his Dad. He immediately calls the cops, who turn out. But do not enter the house till 7.30am. On account of they, and Bamber has seen someone moving about in the house.

The cops decide the schitzo sister, who talked to both God and the Devil, had done the job. And that was the deal for about 3 days. Until the family and the ex girlfriend kicked off. Then the top cop is sacked and Detective Inspector Wrap-The-Job is brought in. The ******* family 'discovered' the silencer in the cupboard. Which could only have been put there by Jeremy. Presumably after he topped them all, but before he drove home to call the cops.

Finally, who moved Sheila's body post-mortem? Not Jeremy because he was outside with the cops. Maybe it was ghosts?

The whole gig stinks. Sloppy drills and cops being strong-armed by some rich gits and a compliant media. Hopefully those days are behind us.

Did Jeremy do it? I doubt it. All the evidence, or most of it, points to the nut-job sister. Which means, there is a shadow of doubt. And in my book, if we are talking multiple murder, a shadow is enough to spring the kid.

Interesting and thanks for your imput.
Did the DI later retire as a DCS?
I lost sight of the main players when I moved on in '88
It would have been interesting to compare your thoughts with Geordie Wrights' notes but that's not possible now.

The rich gits comment certainly strikes a chord and the comment made to me by an officer that "we got the right result in the end" has never sat easily with me.

Latest Threads