Jekyll - BBC1

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Fugly, Jun 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

2nd part of 6 was on earlier.

Anyone else watching this?

This is one of the best pieces of television I have seen in a long while - and it's on the BBC, FFS. Gripping, intense, funny, - complete silence ruled in my house tonight as it did last week while this was on.

Without going into the obvious talents of Michelle Ryan (there are other threads for that!), every single performance in this was superb.

Will be glued for the remaining parts, this has got me fixed in a way that only 24 has previously been able to do.

2. Watched it for the first time to-nite I agree with what you have said Michelle Ryan was excellent I undersatand that she is of to America

3. She's already been to America to reprise Lindsey Wagner's role as the bionic woman. Hopefully, she'll run so fast that her kit flies off like Forrest Gump's leg calipers.

4. Great chesticles.

5. Missed tonight's episode. Anyone know if and when it's being repeated? Or somewhere I can download or watch it?

Really enjoyed last week's and was looking foward to tonight's but got sidetracked in a bar.....

6. Seconded.

Hot women, violance and humour as black as Blair's heart - it's what TV was invented for!

Strong performances, even from the supporting cast; particularly liked the black guy's answer when asked by one of his minions what Hyde was doing.

"He's just killed a lion with his bare hands. He can do anything he wants!"

But Hyde, of course, had the best lines:

"Ever killed anyone?...it's like sex, except there's a winner!"

Or dropping the huge bag containing what's left of the heavy in front of the nurse.

Nurse:"what's this?"

Hyde: "Well, it's up to you, but I'd say...first in the Q."

Fcuking quality! :twisted:
    With this and Rome, I have to say Auntie just about justifies her license fee.

7. Have you got Virgin broadband, mate?

8. Nope, no Virgin Broadband unfortunately.

9. Just gets better and better.

Loved the quote from Jekyll's wife:

"I don't know if you're a schizo, a werewolf or the first man to have PMT!"

10. Jekyll starts on BFBS2 on Tuesday 24th July at 2200 CET, once we've got this series of Hustle out of the way.

11. For those who, like me, missed most of this excellent series, season 1 is released on DVD tommorrow - 30 July 2007.

Link here with reviews.

You will probably find it in Tesco's shortly!