Jee Troop, 25 years since passing out, where are you now?

Jee Troop, Feb to June 1983, our Silver Anniversary.

Hasn't time flown, where are you now and what can you remember from the lovely time we had at Keogh for that interesting 17 weeks.

See attached photos that I found when reminiscing.

Attachments

What a fine bunch of chaps we were and so slim.

I see that 'Sheena' Easton was in your Troop, havent seen him for years. I was at the QE with him as an OTT before he went nurse.

Not my troop and well before my time, but do I detect Spence on the back row? I upset him at 3 AFA once (by accident) by refering to a spade, as a spade. I was innocently talking about a rectangular bladed digging tool at the time.

theoriginalphantom said:
Not my troop and well before my time, but do I detect Spence on the back row? I upset him at 3 AFA once (by accident) by refering to a spade, as a spade. I was innocently talking about a rectangular bladed digging tool at the time.
You upset poor sensitive gentle spence cruel cruel man lol ia sure knowing him well it was mostly bluff.

Filbert Fox said:
I see that 'Sheena' Easton was in your Troop, havent seen him for years. I was at the QE with him as an OTT before he went nurse.
did he ever put on weight looked like an advance party for a famine.

Oh no, this was a full on diva strop, and we hadn't realised why. He asked why were the two of us not both digging, we replied with things like 'We only have one spade, if you can tell us where to find another spade...' etc (and yes it was a spade and not a GS shovel)

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I see from your photos that things were exactly the same in March '88 (Ackroyd Troop). Even the spaced out, gormless looking kids slowly becoming men...

cherryhamblin said:
Filbert Fox said:
did he ever put on weight looked like an advance party for a famine.
nope skinny bloke to the end, last I heard he had just left a job as skinny nurse in the prison service.

I last saw him at AMSTC in July 2004, I think he was at 34, must be out by now.

See you had Ray Brightwell as troop Cpl. He was ours as well in '84 (Whitchurch).

theoriginalphantom said:
I remember Spence starving whilst on our first exercise, he couldn't work the compo tin opener and was too embarrassed to tell anyone. He was only found out when we heard his back pack rattling with the tins, he’d been surviving on sweets and AB biscuits.

I also remember a certain Scottish troop Cpl we had (RB) making him cam up his teeth, not the most politically correct times in 1983 basic training.

Filbert Fox said:
Was he still a drama queen when you worked with him, he certainly deserved an Oscar for being a drama queen whilst in training.

Filbert when were you at QE, we probably crossed paths as I was there 83 to 84 and 92 to 95.

Was he always preening himself in training?
I was at the QE Dec 88 - Jun 92 then I was most 'unfortunate' to get two years in Hong Kong!

Filbert Fox said:
Was he always preening himself in training?
I was at the QE Dec 88 - Jun 92 then I was most 'unfortunate' to get two years in Hong Kong!
Yes between him another couple of posers we had, it was difficult for those of us who did shave then (he didn't have to as he was still very fresh faced) to get near a mirror. If you remember there wasn't many unbroken mirrors in the recruit blocks at Keogh.

You may ask why he got that nickname, it wasn't just because of the obvious!!!!

it certainly was just because of the obvious, We were OTTS!

I think he'd have bleed to death if he'd shaved, you can lose a lot of blood through taking the heads off spots!