Jedi Master Mickey Mouse.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Miner, Oct 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to Fox news, Disney are buying Lucasfilm off George Lucas for $4.05b, and are going to make a Star Wars 7 film, supposedly scheduled for release in 2015.

I can't do a link on my phone, but I'm sure Google will show you the way.

2. Also just announce on BBC3 news

3. I would gladly take a pickaxe to my own son if these ***** would promise to stop ******* with my childhood.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I've just spent 3 weeks in Orlando and its gone mickey star wars mad with merchandise.

5. Big payday for George Lucas. Maybe now he'll stop tweaking his first three movies and reissuing them every five years or so as "Director's Cut",. "Producer's Cut", etc. to get a few more bucks out of the movie going public. I think we've surely exhausted the possibilities of the Star Wars universe though. We might see a new Indiana Jones movie from Disney, but not with Harrison Ford in the title role; he's too old.

6. You just wait - I can see the thread title now.

Disney set to release new Star Wars film as prequel to the prequels, but somehow the universe is yet more technologically advanced

It'll happen.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If son of Greedo shoots first I'll cry

8. We were there in May/June while it was star wars weekend. Thought i was going to need medical help when Darth Vader lifted me onto his shoulders

9. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Not sure how i feel about this - i remember seeing once about how Star wars was originally intended to be a 9 film saga, but Fox said he could only make three. Lucas decided to make the middle three as they were the most complete story.
    Will be interesting how much they "Disney-fy" the films. The books that make up the extended universe are pretty dark, a major storyline a few years ago about a war against an extra galactic enemy had a death toll of 365 trillion just on one side, with 5 million dead in just the last battle.

10. Disneyland Paris was the same in August. Lucas rides for Indiana Jones & Star Wars. Lots of Star Wars merchandise and Mickey Mouses (the cartoon type rather the theiving & grieving type) dressed as Obi Wan

Surely Jar Jar Binks is too shit even for Disney Marketing to make money

11. This is actually a good move.

Disney aren't all about kids films and pixar, the company is much more capable than that. If anything, they understand storytelling far better than Lucas' current creative team do and star wars really is all about the story.

Also, its no secret that disney loves star wars and at disneyland occasionally they do a star wars day and have a live action star wars show. I think they also helped animate some of the clone wars series.

I'm willing to bet that a few top guys have spent the last decade watching Lucas shit on his own franchise and have just been praying for the opportunity to take it away from him and do the series some justice.

12. It is as if a million nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced....

• Like Like x 12
  13. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Ah, Star Wars: the film which started the slippy slide towards special effects being more important than plot.

The newer Star Wars films were beyond poor. Many other films have managed to combine comparable and better effects with some semblance of a story.

I dread to think just how much worse it can get. Lucas is a one-trick pony who should've quit while he was ahead... somewhere around the mid-eighties.

• Like Like x 1