Jcove lite

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by stormtrooper2006, Dec 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got any idea were to get a copy i've herd roumours it's free but I have no idea where to get it.

2. What the hell is Jcove lite?
  3. Some type of gaming software.

Joint combat operations virtual enviroment.

Google is rather good at times.
  4. So not something likely to be in the QM's then? :)
  5. Not unless you want it storing, never to see the light of day again.
  6. If you sign up to UseNeXt you can download it off there.
  7. I have a couple of copies, the man you might want to speak to is probably lingering in these parts somewhere though..
  8. i tried the google search but couldnt get a download so figured there might be some one who had a few copies cd or other wise.

wasnt sure were to post it though.
  9. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Just been pointed in this direction. If anyone wants a copy of JCOVE Lite (or more info, etc.) drop me a PM. There's nothing classified about it, or it's parent "game" VBS2, so just give me a shout. There's no official download location for it at the moment, but we can send out DVDs and you're free to copy and redistribute your own.
  10. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I believe as bruno said that the software you are talking about is VBS2, I had heard that anyone who had attended a course using this software had the oportunity to get thier hands on Armed Assault, this is the 'civvi' version of the software. You can buy either software yourself if you want, Armed Assault isn't expensive, but VBS2 is a stupid price for a game, but comes with some nice background software for adapting the scenarios and models etc.

We've been using VBS2 in work recently for a few applications, quite handy once you fight your way past the front end.

11. Pm sent. Cheers lads
  12. PM sent as well.
  13. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

VBS2 isn't a game - it's far too boring for that! JCOVE Lite is a stripped-down version of VBS2; you get most of the "gaming" functionality and some of the mission-editing tools, but you can't import extra models or anything like that. It's not bad as a gizzit, but it's no COD:MW2.
  14. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Depends what you are doing with it...;)

I'd assumed people were getting AA as VBS2 needs the dongle things.