JCC, what does it consist of?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Pull_up_a_sandbag, Sep 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been selected for my 2nd tape and have to do a JCC at either Chatham or Gibralter Barracks, (Royal Engineers). Can someone please give me information of what it constists of so that I can start getting prepared.
    Many thanks.
  2. X59

X59 LE

Have they stopped calling it ' Section Commanders ' or ' Section Bananas ' course ?

Is there nobody in the Squadron that's done it recently and can help you bone up ?

Probably more accurate than Tinterweb browsing !
  3. JCC is the Junior Commanders Course which is the first part of the new Junior NCO CLM. It must be completed before you are classed as Substansive Rank.
    The (FSCC) Field Section Commanders Course is usually completed after and it is more Corp specific, for engineers it would be planning Engineer task, Bridge Dem recce or MGB Build etc.
    Until you have completed the JCC your 3 years in Rank will not begin and you will either stay in Acting Rank of Cpl or just keep wearing your LCpl Tape.
    The JCC consists of a DIT week, Sigs phase for COMBAT and Comms etc. 2 exercises which assess infantry tactics and orders. Revision of PAM No 3 and AATAMs copy are required. the first exercise is 48 hours long of constant giving orders, completeing tasks and no sleep. The second week is a confirmation exercise a week long in a FOB with POW capture tagging, Orders again!! Then completed with the good old final run in..... Joy!
    ORDERS is the main priority or the course and NAV and Infantry skills and tactics. Not much engineering-thats for the FSCC!

Hope this helps...
  4. Feck! The wedgeheads must be seriously desperate if your on the promotion board, hells teeth. :)

Enquire around your squadron, training wing etc etc. Get on it, and get it done, grizz it.
    One more thing, start running a bit more fatty!

5. Not remotely relevant to the thread, but that bird in your sig has got the most horrendously ******* gopping gash I have ever seen.