JB let down by CFN mag

Discussion in 'REME' started by shut_cint, Feb 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This months cfn mag had two lines to say good bye to the legend that was ASM John Thomas Buck (aka biscuit, Kirt, JB, Titus etc). Not impressed! can't be the only one who felt this was a bit naf!!!

2. I haven't seen it yet but I lost one of my Cpl's in early November and it took until last month for his obit. (See the RIP Cpl Nick Kerr thread)

Perhaps you should just wait a bit?

3. Also, unless someone actually writes an obit or an article, its not like the editor of The Craftsman is going to canvass for a story

4. Did you write in?

5. It is normal practice that an small obituary (only) is placed into the magazine within a month - I guess this can be added at a late stage at the publishers. There is a fairly long lead time for fuller articles to be pubished - editorial space etc. Clearly his sad passing in the Christmas standdown adds a further delay. As other posters have said, the appropriate people need to craft a fitting tribute and the family approve any publication. This can take a while in what is a very delicate time.

I would presume something may appear in the March edition if it is going to happen. I appreciate the OPs sentiments but probably best not to get too wound up as it achieves little. Whatever happens he will be well remembered by those who knew him. RIP

6. Wait till next month mate, I'm sure there will be a more lengthy article. Miss my pal as well.