Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by secondtonone, Dec 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anyone know jayjays website please?
  2. Do you really think you're going to get an answer to this?

I somehow don't think that you're really a Coldstreamer, either.
  3. Im sure you will be told what to put on when you get out there!!
  4. Specially trained snails crawl across the back of the troops combat jackets, spelling the words 'Don't shoot for fuck's sake!".

This can then be read both by IR scopes, and by touch (though only if you're very good friends!).
  5. Soldiers of most line infantry regiments out in the ME wear fetching red tunics and tall hats. You only risk being shot by your own side if you wander out of the square.

Obviously this didn't apply to 3 PARA mortars who decided to cut about the battlefield wearing pink suzzies and 8" heels.

Our correspondent from those foriegn parts has informed me that, in order to intimidate the natives, the Cdo Bde decided to wear no clothes at all. As winter is approaching it was decided however that each Marine may wear a roll mat on each arm.

Pip! Pip!
  6. 49 Para have been issued IRR paint and cam cream, we just paint our bodies in it ;)
  7. is this not what this is for then, and why would i not be a lilly white, or even a gren if i wanted to be.
  8. Whilst seemingly harmless and spotterish, answering your question could be construed as breaching OPSEC, and as such would not be too clever.

In fact answering it could provoke a rash of people to wear reflective dish-dashes, which could be confusing to say the least.
  9. Coldstream and Grenadier in the same sentence! That's the clue!