Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Jaw dropping" crash in global birth rate.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
If the Western world, with it’s healthcare, media, sophisticated infrastructure and mostly responsible and compliant populations, is being crippled by Covid, does anyone really think that Africa, without any of these things (and with a suspected susceptibility to it) is escaping so miraculously?

I very much doubt it.

I suspect that the sort of people COVID kills in Europe have already died from something else in Africa.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Excellent question; I've got no idea, but I went to a Med Int briefing this morning and in three particular Sub-Saharan African countries both the national governments and the NGOs have lost the ability to count the numbers of dead.
Their fingers have fallen off?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
If what I heard yesterday about COVID-19 in Sub-Saharan Africa is correct, then instant sunshine will not be needed.
And Ebola hasn't gone away ...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I think the cheridsees were gearing up for a mass public scroungathon to raise funds for Africa, etc.

IMHO. they can jog on.
They are responsible for the population of, for example, Ethiopia, now being significantly larger than it was in 1985 when Bob Geldof started to feed the world because of all the little starving children. Their countries cannot sustain the population, which is grown artificially by aid from well meaning idiots.

And not before time. Nature redressing the balance of an overpopulated planet perchance...?
Before the planet does it for us.

They are responsible for the population of, for example, Ethiopia, now being significantly larger than it was in 1985 when Bob Geldof started to feed the world because of all the little starving children. Their countries cannot sustain the population, which is grown artificially by aid from well meaning idiots.
Indeed. I was told by the CEO of a Scandinavian bank 10 years ago that the greatest contributor to the next famine in the Horn of Africa were the 18 tonner Mercedes trucks supplied there by the likes of geldof in the 1980’s.
They also contributed lots to the movement of HIV and similar STD shit in central Africa.

Latest Threads