Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bag of w*nk

• Great

• It is a good idea but is not good value for money

• Total voters
Having just signed away my 15 quid for javelin javelin net. I noticed that i was paying for broadband on a service that runs at dial up speeds.

It appears to have a 11 Meg service but on further investigation, I find that is the repeated and it is 2 meg service for all the singlies on camp.

for 15 quid a month i feel i have the right to a better service. So your thoughts please especially if anyone from javelin broadband ltd is on this site

It sounds like the majority of things that happen when the military get involved, over priced and underperforming. Can Deutsch Telecom (been a while since I was in Germany) not do a better deal privately?

sorry can't help you out. quick question tho - is javelin net an army internet server for javelin barracks? i used to have to stand in the vendors checking my email whilst getting cod thrown at me from the pi$$ heads in shannanigans. if only i had internet in my room i'd be safe and wouldn't still reek of fish.

rtfm-fool said:
Neil Walsh: Operations Director and CTO

went to harrogate with this guy, very clever but used to shag some ugly furkin munters.
Is this the same guy that was posted to 7 Sigs and married a DTG with a very large chest??

Its a dam site better than broadband in JHQ. Still no sign of it appearing in the Z type blocks yet can't get a private line from Deutch Telecom as the block is all contracted.

Neil Walsh couldn't direct his p*ss down the urinal.

If CO 7/16 had read any of Neil's CRs they wouldn't have accepted him in their MTs let alone given him responsibility for broadband on Brüggen. There are a number of splendid technicians from 16SR who can still dine out on the memory of Neil's leaving speech. All said, fine bloke.

rtfm-fool said:
My CR's used to go along the lines of "sets very low standards and fails to achieve them" and "this man has deprived a village of it's idiot"
I am looking for an excuse to use "Skills closer to special needs than special forces"

the_guru said:
Neil Walsh couldn't direct his p*ss down the urinal.
I have to agree with you there guru. They started this "service" years ago, and can still only provide broadband at dialup speeds. I've never heard a good word said about their product. I always found Neil to be a c0ck of the highest order.

smoojalooge said:
there is not enough space on the exchange to run phones to singlies and there is not enough of us to get a new exchange
You'll have to excuse my ignorance of the specific problem in Javelin Barracks, but a couple of thoughts:

1. I understand that there aren't enough of you to warrant a new exchange, but can't the local telco (Deutsch Telecom) add some additional capacity to the exchange without replacing it entirely? Have you spoken to them and explained the scale of the problem?

2. Are there any other providers (Deutsch Telecom etc) who could run an alternative wireless service? Nothing makes providers improve like a bit of competition.

3. Is getting a satellite broadband service that you could then wirelessly share between a small group of paying users feasible?

4. Does the MOD let them rent space on camp for their equipment? Have they signed an agreement/contract with the MOD? If so can the chain of command apply some pressure for them to improve the service or risk being ejected from camp?

5. Have you got a petition (or similar device) going to gauge the scale of dissent with the company? If so are the company/chain of command aware of the number of unhappy customers?

apparently the lines are still under contract from the raf days

at the moment we have one meg for an entire block on network which falls down all the time

and as for prioritising voice i tried skype the other night you've got to be sh*tting me one call i had to redial 4 times

This doesnt sound too good we are supposed to be getting javelin in our camp, but we were told too many complaints and he will be chucked off the camp

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Gaming and Software 0
F Royal Signals 41
B Royal Signals 155