Jarrod's nicked the outrage bus

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jim24, Jan 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Warning,Warning, Jarrod just posted this, he's cruising around in the IWM by the looks of it

Attached Files:

2. You probably built that or learnt to drive in it.

3. Blimey I was at IWM yesterday - mainly to have a perv at the Jagdpanther I'll admit. Excellent day out but having the Holocaust exhibition at the end is a bit of a downer!

4. Yes but ... it's a reminder that war, while usually the worst option, is not always so.

5. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

No, but my Dad did, he was ASC from 1916 after he got kicked out of the 16th Welch for getting himself shot at Mametz Wood on 12th July 1916, it was a good move because he became a bus driver in Cardiff after the war

6. Meanwhile, having insufficient numbers to fill it, the RAF have loaned us this;
    [​IMG]

7. I just knew there'd be a story.

8. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

check out the photo on FB

9. I wonder if it's got a power steering pump as I know someone who would have use for that.

10. Fair one, I was being a bit facetious. It is an excellent exhibition though. One photo that really got me was of a Jewish bloke kneeling next to a pit full of corpses with a pistol being aimed at is head by an SS bloke. He's just got this neutral expression on his face as he stares down the camera lens seconds before his death, pretty haunting. It amazes me how easily humans will just line up and wait to be shot like that. Sorry, a bit depressing and off thread!

11. Know the photo you mean. Wonder if there are any cases of Jews or other concentration camp inmates saying "Sod this!" and charging the SS goons, on the basis that they'd rather go out with a bang than a whimper?