Jarhead

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by SuperTrooper, Aug 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone read that book, Jarhead. This best seller was pretty disapointing IMO. The writer went to Desert Storm and sat around for most of the time. He gets into one real contact during his time there and this is the basis of the whole book. Now they've made a movie out of it. http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/jarhead/

Hope they movie has lots of artistic licence as I thought the book was complete poo!

Anyone read it, what do you all think?

2. Deeply disappointing book. All fart and no sh1t.

3. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

If the book had been more structured it may have been worth a read. However it flies from basic, to far east, to leave, to Gulf without any apparent connection at any point.

If you break down what he has to say about life as a Girene then it only amounts to a couple of pages.

very disappointing book which appears to have been written by a 'jug-head'. IMO

4. yep - the book is pants. It seems to have been written with Oliver Stone in mind.

5. Funny you should mention this... its being released as a film.

Trailer available at - www.apple.com/trailers (Quicktime and stable download)
    movies.yahoo.com/trailers (Windows media player- streaming so not as stable)

6. Funny you should mention something that got mentioned in the original post :roll:

7. :oops: Should read more carefully, blame tiredness and lack of coffee and screaming children :D At least I suppose, I've added another location for the film trailer :)