Japans PM hones his diplomatic skills.....

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Goatman, Mar 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

PA Newswire:

Of course they weren't coerced Mister Abe.....they had the same choice the women of Nanking had......

How come while Irving gets a prison sentence for denying the Holocaust these tw4ts can still consider themselves the VICTIMS of the Pacific War and , it seems , get away with it ?

Don Cabra
  2. Douchebag :pissedoff:
  3. wait till Japan goes into economic decline, China has been waiting for this moment for so long, i wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese have a lots of Japanese bonds and Govt Equities, which they will call in at the right moment and cripple the Japanese Economy.

I do find it disgusting that Japs are denying it ever happened, They are deluding themselves, deluding future generations and they will get pillored for it.
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yep I think China will get it's revenge and sink Japan as an economy completely when the time is right. Japs are arrogant dicks who think they are racially superior - even today.
  5. Utterly despicable. The Japanese should be ashamed of themselves. Have they got no morals?
  6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Absolutely true - but God knows why! I'm taller than most of them, and I'm by no means average UK height :)

They are indeed arrogant in a way that is hard to believe until you actually work with them. The next few years will be interesting - don't forget that not only the Chinese, but the Koreans have some pretty old scores to settle there. It'll take more than a divine wind to save them next time, methinks.
  7. Hmmm working as I do with the Japanese on a regular basis I would be careful painting them all with the same brush, but the "comfort women" is a well documented and shitty chapter in their history and they need to get their collective heads round accepting it and dealing with it, preferably compensating (although no financial compensation can really be enough) those who were dragged into this. Dont forget however that the Germans ran military brothels as well and I wouldn't be surprised if not all the women were "volunteers".
  8. That maybe true but the Germans are at least willing to admit that these things were done and even pay a lot of money in compensation if you can prove it.

As opposed to the nips who refuse point blank to take any blame whatsoever.
  9. I'm not defending the "official line" of denial but if you talk to them on an individual basis you hear a different tune. As far as the Germans are concerned the tables are somewhat turned the official line is admit and apologise (although there compensation has been slow if at all) but talk to Germans on an individual basis and they're "often" hard nosed about it and at the best dont want to know about it and pretend it didn't happen.
  10. It's par for the course with this lot. How long did it take to get any kind of acknowledgement for the atrocities against our servicemen and civilians taken prisoner - AND we had a Hell of a lot more clout over them.

The Japs took a phenomenal toll on the other Asian nations and still don't want to admit they did anything wrong. They still treat Class A War Criminals as national heroes, FFS! Imagine if the Boche had tried that. The Sino-Japanese War is still an major sore point amongst ordinary Chinese and it doesn't take much fanning by their government to whip up the flames. If Japan were to apologise and mean it in the same way the Jerries did it might calm things down. Even a public backlash against any politician who spouted this kind of nonsense might help, but I don't see that happening - there's too much institutional arrogance in Japan.

Worst case scenario, Japan gets stamped flat by the PLA; their Self-Defence Force couldn't put up too much of a fight and I doubt many in the West would want their troops risked saving this little bunch of sh1ts from a noose.
  11. Well in some things the Germans did carry on normal jogging, how many of the judges who were responsible for some of the most ridiculously unjust trials and sentences during the Nazi time were brought to account and how many returned to the courts singing from another song sheet carrying on practising for many years after?
    I am not defending the Japanese at all but it isn't so black and white when you compare the old axis powers and the injustices that have carried on since.

E2A this being one of the reasons for the left wing terrorism in Germany from the end of the 60s, these people seeing a lot of the establishment being the same characters who were around in the 40s (or trained by the same).
  12. Maybies aye, maybies naw, Fuchs, but you don't get Chancellor Merkel going to Berlin Cathedral to light a candle in honour of Reinhard Heydrich or telling people the Gypsies weren't really that badly treated.

60 years on and Japan is still in denial, IMO mainly because they haven't had their faces rubbed in their atrocities the way Germany has. When their officials come out with this sort of thing, they need to immediately have their chains yanked or before long their schools will be teaching the awful atrocities committed against Japan in Manchukuo - Ooops, too late!
  13. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I think what is needed here is a damn good hug-in. Tony Bliar (gawd bless him with a large mallet) has apologised for slavery, even though we didn't start it and did finish it, the septics are trying to raise a petition to demand 37 trillion quid from the British Empire for anything that ever went wrong anywhere to anyone (and I wholeheartedly agree), the Germans are full of remorse and have left the goose-stepping to the Russians (who look more dapper in their Nazi outfits whilst bashing immigrants), and the last 'lady-of-the-night' I sle . . . spoke to quite enjoyed the experience, but only 'cos I paid double.

That nips need to jump on this bandwagon while it's gathering speed (due to divine winds allegedly) before they miss the boat (is that mixing my metaphors?).

To summarise: They are a bunch of nasty, unpleasant slant-eyed sh!ts who are more racist than the nazis ever where, as brutal and they haven't yet learned from the kicking they got (probably because the marshall plan let them keep their emporer and gave them shed-loads of money for losing so they wouldn't lose face).

Who do I blame? The septics for not flattening the capital with an atom bomb and doing the job properly (smacks of GW1 and unfinished business this one).

Hopefully, as already said, the Chinese have long memory and will flatten the little-c0ck, cnut, motherfeckers!
  15. Well, the ANZACs seemed to get along with them ok in the AMTG