Builds Japanese Kamikaze Nakajima KI-43 Hayabusa (oscar) shot down and crashing 1/32

two tones of sea blue, darker blue in the deeper areas of ocean with lighter blue on the disturbed areas of water, next is the white foam and spray. then
two tone blue.jpg
the liquid covering.

adding the tones in layers between drying times.
two tone blue b.jpg

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I am awestruck at how accomplished this build is - and reinforced in my belief that you're an obsessive :D

Seriously, this is a master class - please keep at it.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
Can't wait to see the expression on the pilot's face!

Seriously though, incredible talent there!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
building in a splash shooting forward, using a toothpick embedded in the clay to support it and to stop it sagging till it dries.
View attachment 561645
setting the second stage of wet clay aside to harden for 12 hours, I will apply more clay tomorrow to blend in the various water splashes and add the wing drag.
View attachment 561647
I remember Das Pronto advertising in Military Modelling over forty years ago and wondering what on earth it was. This whole effort is above and beyond the usual remarkable.

final test fit, the stub of the wing where it touches the surface will be made into a trough of foaming water, I'm trying a tip from a you tuber using tissue paper and white glue, teasing out the edges with tweezers.
final test fit b.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
on the right track there, I'll try blowing through a straw as suggested by a you tuber, gives more control, whereas compressed air might create a mini tsunami.
View attachment 563169

Ask your dentist if you can use his 3in1 during a lunchtime.
Very precise and controlled air stream

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
on the right track there, I'll try blowing through a straw as suggested by a you tuber, gives more control, whereas compressed air might create a mini tsunami.
View attachment 563169

At the risk of being utterly churlish, would the wake be that short with the wing dug in so deep and would the plane be at that angle if it was?

the plane in it's final position with the nose lower than the tail, it's glued in now so there's no going back. I'm slowly adding cotton wool soaked in pva glue to act as boiling water at the entry point, not boiling as in temperature, just as in turbulence. Experimenting with water spraying off the blade edges too.
stuck down a.jpg

stuck down b.jpg

stuck down c.jpg

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
the plane in it's final position with the nose lower than the tail, it's glued in now so there's no going back. I'm slowly adding cotton wool soaked in pva glue to act as boiling water at the entry point, not boiling as in temperature, just as in turbulence. Experimenting with water spraying off the blade edges too.
View attachment 563612
View attachment 563611
View attachment 563613
It looks brilliant, but I think you might have the spray coming off the wrong edge of the prop blades!

Latest Threads