Builds Japanese Kamikaze Nakajima KI-43 Hayabusa (oscar) shot down and crashing 1/32

the plane in it's final position with the nose lower than the tail, it's glued in now so there's no going back. I'm slowly adding cotton wool soaked in pva glue to act as boiling water at the entry point, not boiling as in temperature, just as in turbulence. Experimenting with water spraying off the blade edges too.
View attachment 563612
View attachment 563611
View attachment 563613
From a person who has absolutely no artistic traits whatsoever I can honestly say that that’s the absolute dogs bollocks.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It looks brilliant, but I think you might have the spray coming off the wrong edge of the prop blades!

I also wonder whether that's the right blue for the sea around Okinawa...

That's one of the finest and certainly the most animated and dynamic pieces of military modelling that I've ever seen.

It looks brilliant, but I think you might have the spray coming off the wrong edge of the prop blades!
yes you are 100% right, just looked at the scoop of the blade so I need to scrape off the initial test drips, but the experiment worked, i will be making more and placing them on the other side of the blades. If it's a fine detail that adds realism to the scene it's worth getting right.

My alerts don’t seem to be working very well and I was just wondering ‘has he finished’ as I hadn’t seen any posts for while.

of course he’s finished. He’s well on with another one already!!!

well done. The plane entering the water is brilliant!

My alerts don’t seem to be working very well and I was just wondering ‘has he finished’ as I hadn’t seen any posts for while.

of course he’s finished. He’s well on with another one already!!!

well done. The plane entering the water is brilliant!
I'm getting near the end, but there are niggly areas that take a lot of time, such as the new spraying water off the blades, when I crack those, It'll be time to finish off the boiling water at the wing stub. Keep you updated.

I finally got the water spinning off the propeller blades, not sure if it's finished or not, I'm placing it to one side to let it set, and I'll take another look at it with fresh eyes in a few days.
water off the blades a.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I finally got the water spinning off the propeller blades, not sure if it's finished or not, I'm placing it to one side to let it set, and I'll take another look at it with fresh eyes in a few days.
View attachment 564567

Try quick glances rather than prolonged gazing when assessing such things.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Exactly.You're trying to capture a tiny fraction of a second to perfection. Leave it alone. We think it's great already!

It's a technique taught to us for assessing crown and bridge preparation and especially colour matching

Latest Threads