Japanese food

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Haile, Jul 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So far my favourite japanese food is a cheese filled sausage on a stick, I can see a lot of meatsticks passing my lips this holiday.

2. try natto, hmmmm.

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I take it that your favourite lingerie comes from Agent Provocateur then?

And as for the Jap stuff, it has to be Sashimi; nothing like a bit of fresh raw fish!

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Very droll :x

5. I only did it because if Ididn't someone else would have.

So do you f(uck) the goats before you eat them?

6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Tenderises the meat, alledgedly.

7. Sorry but the Maltese sausage filled with cheese is a thousand times better
    especially from the sellars outside the gates at Valetta. Hmmmm dribble.
    Zalzett Tal-Malti is a typical variety.

(And after a night on the juice they fly out like torpedos :twisted: )

8. What lingerie?

Did sushi/sashimi for lunch trying to get my dad to be adventurous, but he stuck to tempura, the wasabi octopus and spicy fish guts at the start of dinner were actually ok.

What makes the cheese filled sausage worse is it was given to me by my sister in laws brother in his restaurant.

9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

That's fine though. Had it been your sister's brother's daughter, it would have been a bit naughty!

10. I hate Japanese food. The fcukers are too bone idle to cook the stuff and eat things that even a frothing mangy cur would refuse. They should stick to what they are good at, Hari Kari and bukakke.

11. Before I moved here I thought they ate mostly fish and rice and not a lot else - which was worrying as I don't eat seafood.
    Since being here I have eaten many many things which are amzaing - and I don't by any means know what all of them are :?

Shabu Shabu and tonkatsu are way up there with my favourites though.

I would highly recommend not trying either sashimi chicken (although it is commonplace here it still does my guts no good) or sashimi horse. Sounds vile...is vile.

Are you coming to Tokyo then?

12. My only comment re; Japanese food is: when in sushi bar, don't sit down conveyor from the fat bloke. You have been warned.

13. I adore Wagamama's. Bl00dy brilliant.

14. Feng Sushi.

The do a tempura 'fish an chips' with sweet potato chips as well as Bento Boxes and all the raw stuff.

They deliver too.

15. Having eaten Jap grub on several occasions, I can well understand why smashing your aeroplane into the pitching deck of an aircraft carrier belonging to the imperialist yankee dogs, would be better than heading back for evening scran in the cookhouse.

Wierd f ucking undercooked grub, eaten by weird f ucking overcooked people.