Japan offers UK her MPA...

OK - mods - zap this one then

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The P-1's been on a few people's watch-list for a while. As @Magic_Mushroom has said elsewhere, the first purpose-built sub-hunter in a generation or two. The sticking point was always Japan's export controls.

To be honest, I'm comfortable either way. If we get the P-8, we get a world-class system and the logistics backing of something larger than we could ever have hoped for ourselves. If we were to get the P-1 on very favourable terms on account of the Japanese hedging against sales elsewhere, also good.

The P-1's been on a few people's watch-list for a while. As @Magic_Mushroom has said elsewhere, the first purpose-built sub-hunter in a generation or two. The sticking point was always Japan's export controls.

To be honest, I'm comfortable either way. If we get the P-8, we get a world-class system and the logistics backing of something larger than we could ever have hoped for ourselves. If we were to get the P-1 on very favourable terms on account of the Japanese hedging against sales elsewhere, also good.
P1 has longer legs than the p8. Less need for tanking support.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
P1 has longer legs than the p8. Less need for tanking support.

As CC said no AAR, so we'd want to fit that (£s) the swap out the engines for RRs (£s), then fit our own sensors etc (£s).

It does come in as slighter cheaper than the P-8, but when you start adding things maybe not so good. Do like it though, it has a better wing for a start (optimised for low level stuff), and more hardpoints and space in the bomb bay, as well as carrying more sonobouys than the P-8

As CC said no AAR, so we'd want to fit that (£s) the swap out the engines for RRs (£s), then fit our own sensors etc (£s).

It does come in as slighter cheaper than the P-8, but when you start adding things maybe not so good. Do like it though, it has a better wing for a start (optimised for low level stuff), and more hardpoints and space in the bomb bay, as well as carrying more sonobouys than the P-8
Prolly have onboard games consoles and a top hole sushi bar as well.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Then we just leave it alone and buy it as a complete package. Okay, so R-R doesn't get the business. So what?

If I were the Japanese, I'd insist on taking it as-is. That way, there's no room for us to complain/blame-storm if we do tinker and it goes awry.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Then we just leave it alone and buy it as a complete package. Okay, so R-R doesn't get the business. So what?

If I were the Japanese, I'd insist on taking it as-is. That way, there's no room for us to complain/blame-storm if we do tinker and it goes awry.

I never heard anything so ridiculous in my life:wink:
@Sixty could you, if it's not too much trouble, merge this with the thread below in the name of tidyness

http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/need-for-an-mma.207987/

Prolly have onboard games consoles and a top hole sushi bar as well.

....do they still do comfort ladies in the imperial Japanese forces ?

....do they still do comfort ladies in the imperial Japanese forces ?
The Koreans could get a wee bit upset about that.

Latest Threads