Japan Has Sacked Its Airforce Chief

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Oct 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Japan has an air force?

3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Technically it has an "Air Self-Defence Force" - a catchy name I think you'll agree.

4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Apparently, they have been teaching a revisionist version of history for some years now, neglecting to mention the subjugation and enforced servitude of Korean and Chinese nationals, amongst other things.

5. I bet he can't name one.

It's almost universally accepted in Asia outside Japan that they were the aggressor from the early 1900s onwards. If he really believes what he said, perhaps he wants to lecture on the subject in Seoul or Nanjing?

Unfortunately, there's a national rejection in Japan of any suggestion that they did anything wrong, despite the confessions of participants and the massive bulk of evidence that they did. The government can pass whatever laws it likes, the national psyche won't change; they still believe themselves to be the victims of WW2.

6. A very good point.

In a similar vein, but slightly alternate - if it's still available - I'd recommend seeing Die Welle (The Wave) at the cinema. It's got a full-on, albeit fictionalised, small-German-town version, of the autocractic view of the world that the Germans' have left behind. Thankfully.

7. You mean to say, he wasn't a Pearl of wisdom?.