Japan Has Sacked Its Airforce Chief

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Technically it has an "Air Self-Defence Force" - a catchy name I think you'll agree.

But we need to realise that many Asian countries take a positive view of the Greater East Asia War.
I bet he can't name one.

It's almost universally accepted in Asia outside Japan that they were the aggressor from the early 1900s onwards. If he really believes what he said, perhaps he wants to lecture on the subject in Seoul or Nanjing?

Unfortunately, there's a national rejection in Japan of any suggestion that they did anything wrong, despite the confessions of participants and the massive bulk of evidence that they did. The government can pass whatever laws it likes, the national psyche won't change; they still believe themselves to be the victims of WW2.

smartascarrots said:
But we need to realise that many Asian countries take a positive view of the Greater East Asia War.
I bet he can't name one.

It's almost universally accepted in Asia outside Japan that they were the aggressor from the early 1900s onwards. If he really believes what he said, perhaps he wants to lecture on the subject in Seoul or Nanjing?

Unfortunately, there's a national rejection in Japan of any suggestion that they did anything wrong, despite the confessions of participants and the massive bulk of evidence that they did. The government can pass whatever laws it likes, the national psyche won't change; they still believe themselves to be the victims of WW2.
A very good point.

In a similar vein, but slightly alternate - if it's still available - I'd recommend seeing Die Welle (The Wave) at the cinema. It's got a full-on, albeit fictionalised, small-German-town version, of the autocractic view of the world that the Germans' have left behind. Thankfully.