Japan executes first three prisoners since 2010

You've got to admire this bit of Japanese psychology, make the bastards live every minute for years listening in terror for any noise at the door - mealtimes and Tenko must be fun!.

"…Sometimes held for decades, they are not warned in advance of when they will be put to death, meaning they fear every day is their last…"

Apparently at any minute of the day or night, without any warning, the door will be slammed open, a couple of burly guards will charge in, grab and frog march you to the scaffold and boof! You're done and dangling in a couple of minutes or so.

BBC News - Japan executes first three prisoners since 2010

You've got to admire this bit of Japanese psychology, make the bastards live every minute for years listening in terror for any noise at the door - mealtimes and Tenko must be fun!.

"…Sometimes held for decades, they are not warned in advance of when they will be put to death, meaning they fear every day is their last…"

Apparently at any minute of the day or night, without any warning, the door will be slammed open, a couple of burly guards will charge in, grab and frog march you to the scaffold and boof! You're done and dangling in a couple of minutes or so.

Good for them, its what is needed here for scum like the gangsta's that think shooting & stabbing are ok! Mind you the usual suspects like these handwringers will be along to say its nasty :- "But rights groups like Amnesty International have called for it to be abolished, saying the condemned have few visits, little exercise and are forced to spend almost all of their time sitting down in their cells."
Typical, no thought for the victims just bleeding heart b*****ks for the criminal scrotes!!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The BBC said:
But rights groups like Amnesty International have called for it to be abolished, saying the condemned have few visits, little exercise and are forced to spend almost all of their time sitting down in their cells.
Bollocks, they can stand up whenever they want.

I must admit I thought the Nips would have used the old Samurai sword to lop off the noggin, dissapointed to see it was the noose!! ;-(

...apparantly this is the way the Russians do it/did it as well.

Only the prisoner was shot in the back of the head.. even less warning.

Their line was it was actually more humane..

******* amateurs - Albert Pierrepoint could do it in about 10 seconds!;-)

All joking aside, good drills by the Japs, though I'm a little disappointed they didn't go the traditional route and use a Katana...

******* amateurs - Albert Pierrepoint could do it in about 10 seconds!;-)

All joking aside, good drills by the Japs, though I'm a little disappointed they didn't go the traditional route and use a Katana...
According to Syd Dernley who was an assistant hangman in the 50s Pierrepoint's record was 7 seconds when he hanged James Inglis at Strangeways.

You want to wheelspin the ******* to death with an 80's motorcycle? Sounds alright, a combination of heat and abrasion with some carcinogenic exhaust fumes and shreiking 4-1 pipe for good measure.

Good drills, Nippon!

I'll prepare for the incoming here, but I don't believe you can claim to be a civilised, modern culture until you've binned the death penalty.

We all tell our kids two wrongs don't make a right, and whats more, there's something disturbing about preaching it's wrong to murder while publicly murdering people who do.

On one hand, death in some ways is an easy way out that many of the worst criminals don't deserve. They should be made to live with the guilt of what they've done, and if they don't feel guilty, as is worringly more common amongst the yoof especially.. well then I'm sure we can make them regret their actions in any number of colourful ways.

There something that drags us all down to their criminal level if we start heartlessly dragging people away from their families and slotting them. Also, while I accept many people are guilty, there is inevitably going to be cases where the wrong guy gets the punishment.

Japan are world masters in the fields of weird and freaky stuff and I'm sure they of all people can come up with a suitably bizarre and degrading punishment for their criminals without bringing capital punishment out. Capital punishment and torture are things which really do need to be stamped out.

I must admit I thought the Nips would have used the old Samurai sword to lop off the noggin, dissapointed to see it was the noose!! ;-(
Decapitation is an honourable way to die. It would not be the way to execute a man for a cowardly murder. I used to work in Japan until a couple of years back and was interested to learn that the relatives [if any] are not advised until after the event has taken place.

Murderers used to be impaled the good old days.

tac

I'll prepare for the incoming here, but I don't believe you can claim to be a civilised, modern culture until you've binned the death penalty.

We all tell our kids two wrongs don't make a right, and whats more, there's something disturbing about preaching it's wrong to murder while publicly murdering people who do.

On one hand, death in some ways is an easy way out that many of the worst criminals don't deserve. They should be made to live with the guilt of what they've done, and if they don't feel guilty, as is worringly more common amongst the yoof especially.. well then I'm sure we can make them regret their actions in any number of colourful ways.

There something that drags us all down to their criminal level if we start heartlessly dragging people away from their families and slotting them. Also, while I accept many people are guilty, there is inevitably going to be cases where the wrong guy gets the punishment.

Japan are world masters in the fields of weird and freaky stuff and I'm sure they of all people can come up with a suitably bizarre and degrading punishment for their criminals without bringing capital punishment out. Capital punishment and torture are things which really do need to be stamped out.
Here's your first incoming response.

If anybody of mine had been killed and the murderer was standing in front of me, I'd be very happy to blow his head off, in front of all his relatives.

tac

Yes you are 100% right. Make them suffer for 7 - 12 years and then let them out after telling them they have been really bad and mustn't do it again.