Jap Anderson

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Bodhisattva, Jan 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

One of my cousins was Sgt Steve (Jap) Anderson. His last posting was 39 RA. He was killed in a motorcycle accident in September 1999.

I would like to know if there exists an obituary for Steve, maybe in The Gunner?

If anyone can send me a link to anything online or direct me to where I may get hold of a hard copy, I would be most grateful.

Thank you all in advance.

2. 102 views and no nibbles? Surely there must be some old and bold on here who knew him?

Please?

3. Mate, I new Jap hewas in 38 bty whilst i was in 129. I had left the Regt when the accident happened! It may be better to try and find the Regt's contact number for NI and see if the Regt did anything? Also try 4 Bty RA Website and contact a Kez Kerry who lived next door to him. Hope this helps mate.

4. PM Sent mate

5. Thanks guys, will be following up your PM tomorrow :)

6. I have a scanned copy of the article from Gunner, March 2000 unfortunately it is too large to post. If you PM me your email address, I will try and send it that route. Alternatively PM a Fax number.

7. I have a scanned copy of the article from Gunner, March 2000 unfortunately it is too large to post. If you PM me your email address, I will try and send it that route. Alternatively PM a Fax number.

8. Wonders of modern technology, the text version from Gunner, March 2000:

Sergeant Stephen Anderson was tragically killed on 24 September 1999, as a result of a road traffic accident, aged 35. His sudden death was a great shock to his family and many friends.
    Sergeant Anderson joined the Royal Artillery in 1980 and after completing basic training at the Junior Leaders Regiment joined 27 Field Regiment in Lippstadt, Germany. He returned to the UK with his Regiment in 1986, and deployed to Northern Ireland on the first of three Operational Tours. In 1988 he was posted to the Royal Artillery Sales and Development Team at Larkhill and for the next two years he represented the Royal Regiment during extensive travels around the world. In 1990 he returned to 27 Field Regiment and deployed to the Middle East as part of the Coalition force that defeated Iraq in the Gulf War. The following year he once again deployed to Northern Ireland, this time in command of a four-man team. On returning from Northern Ireland, 27 Field Regiment returned to Germany, where the Regiment was sadly placed into suspended animation as part of the defence cuts. In 1993 he was posted back out Germany to serve with 40 Field Regiment then serving in Hohne. Sergeant Anderson returned to the UK in 1997 to join 39 Regiment at Albermarle Barracks near Newcastle upon Tyne. Whilst serving with the Regiment he deployed on yet another operational tour to Northern Ireland in 1998.
    Sergeant Stephen Anderson was a real character, with an irrepressible sense of humour who believed in living life to the full. Despite his many work commitments he was very much the family man who had bought his own house in North Yorkshire, an area he was keen to settle down in when he left the Army. A military funeral service was held at Bedale on 1 Oct and was very well attended by family, friends and colleagues from his Battery and the Regiment. Members of 176 (Abu Khan) Battery all contributed to a fitting final farewell to such a well- liked and respected soldier, who will be sadly missed. We extend our deepest sympathy to his wife, children and other family members.

Attached Files:

9. Thank you very much.