Jane Fonda Admits She Betrayed US Soldiers?

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by wotan, Apr 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I read an AP article today that states that Jane Fonda admits that her 1972 trip to North Viet Nam was a "betrayal of American forces and the country that gave me privilege". This interview will be broadcast on Sunday, 3 Apr 05 on "60 Minutes".

If true, what are the thoughts of the members here on this? Too little, too late or is it best to see what the interview itself is like?

2. Either she's dying and she wants to repent and get absolution.. or she has a new fitness video coming out and needs to crack the ' military moms' market niche and the right-wing shoppers at Walmart...

3. I'll withold judgement until the interview is aired; then I'll crucify her... ;)

4. Apparently, also in the interview she concedes that she does not regret meeting the US POWs at the Hanoi Hilton nor making propaganda broadcasts for Radio Hanoi. She is alleged to say in the same interview: "Our government was lying to us and men were dying because of it, and I felt I had to do anything that I could to expose the lies and help end the war".

Again, if true, seems a bit of a contradiction to me. However, I am willing to withhold judgement until I see the interview. Perhaps it will come across with greater sincerity then.

5. When it was fashionable, she protested against the military; when they were not in the news, she ignored the military; now it's fashionable, she supports the military.

The woman's a media whore, and a sexless one at that.

6. She comes short of any sort of apology.

It's all marketing. She has a new book coming out, and her fist movie role in 15 years or so.

In the interview she also admits to being a whore, or actually participating in orgies with her first husband, and soliciting whores and other females to bring home.
    When asked if she was a willing participant or liked it, she gives a less than direct answer. Something like "I don't remember"