Jamie Bulger's killer

davies6242

Swinger
:mad:
It will be a very sad day if Venables is allowed to join the Army.  A pint for the first bloke who gives him a right good sorting, and that would be too good for him.  I feel sorry for the unsuspecting lads who may one day have to save his bacon in a contact situation and they will never know that he was the one who totured and brutally killed an innocent young boy!

The_Monkey

Clanker
CGS caught by his boss?

I thought he was the boss, or was it that he was discovered in a compromising position by Her Majesty on the palace PC?

F

flash_to_bang

If we're going to let one killer in why not let in all the murdering scum that the government has conveniently let out of  The Maze.  Plenty of tallent for indescriminate murder and maiming going spare then.  Best stop here befor i give some doogooder in Whitehall ideas....

They've already had the idea.....  :-[

B.B

I hear the government are looking at further amalgamations.  

However, this time they are going to rename one of the Regiments as the Special Select Vikings.

Nothing like a bit of rape and pillage to go with murder.

:mad:

Can anyone think of a more suitable infanteer than an institutionalised scouser, with no family baggage or home ties, with a proven track record in his line of work?
Joking aside, who can remember their motives for something they did when they were 11? Give the guy a chance, rather than pontificating from a position of ignorance.

Bittersubaltern,

Is there something in your past you are still seeking forgiveness for? You can tell us. We are all your friends here.

E

error_unknown

Bittersubaltern, Good post!! personally when I was 11 I possibly nicked the odd apple or sweet from 'Woolies' I did not beat, kick, stamp on, sexually assualt, half drown then drop large pices of concrete on to a 2 year old while he cried for his mum. Some of the hard bitten scouse detectives that were at the scene of this murder may disagree with your opion, of course 'they maybe pontificating  from a position of ignorance' because I doubt any of them had butchered a child. I hope you are a social worker who dropped in here by mistake, because if not , I hope this little subhuman piece of waste is never sent to Serve alongside you as he may then not get what he deserves. No doubt you will feel your comments are justified, so do I. Except possibly mine might be closer to general feelings than yours :mad:

The_Tara

Old-Salt
Can anyone think of a more suitable infanteer than an institutionalised scouser, with no family baggage or home ties, with a proven track record in his line of work?
Joking aside, who can remember their motives for something they did when they were 11? Give the guy a chance, rather than pontificating from a position of ignorance.
You were originally heading in the right direction, then presumably got panned across your suede with a shovel and began to talk absolute shi te. Never mind trying to remember motives, how could anybody even begin to try to forget what their motive was for such a despicable crime. The 2 wan kers responsible should not have enough breath left in their bodies to even consider visiting a Careers Office let alone actually joining up. If volunteers were required to help coach their motives out of them, then I am free.

bullshit

War Hero
I have an earlier post on this where I disagreed - but now, with hindsight and though I must agree with this guy joining.

I do think about the 2yr old that called for his mummy as the concrete falls on his head but one should try to think past this.  The question to be asked is what do we do with him?  We praise ourselves that we are more civilised that the rest of the world in that we don’t execute out prisoners and therefore prison means rehabilitation.  What if he is rehabilitated?  Should he be punished until eternity?  Some may say yes as he has shown no compassion for the Bulger boy, but are we then not as bad as him but not offering him a second chance in life?

Were he not to go into the Army what does society do with him (care in the community - what care?)  I find this thread very hard (especially as a parent) to say give him a chance and show the world that we are a professional organisation that will help this lost kid to start again.

The_Tara

Old-Salt
Respect your views Bullshit however, as one who is very firmly for the death penalty, I think that they are lucky to still be breathing. If we had the death penalty we wouldnt have had to waste money feeding and rehabilitating these 2 monsters. Certainly wouldnt have to worry about  care in the community. Presumably the other one is going to survive without the army holding his hands and as they are anonymous (at the moment) is their rehabilitation being helped to the max anyway?

Pleasure to read this discussion! Still, may I come back to the original topic, that J Bulger's murderer is being allowed to join the Army? It's not true, the newspaper story was inaccurate. And, come to think of it, it can't be true: the Army doesn't employ murderers at all. So, even if this person were allowed to take tests (which I doubt, because his application would have been rejected on paper), then it still doesn't mean he would be accepted.

I found this article on page 5 of Jan 31st's Sixth Sense.

"THE ARMY has denied a newspaper report that the Home Office had persuaded the MoD to waive regulations preventing convicted criminals from enlisting, in order to enable child killer Jon Venables to join the Service.
Venables, one of the killers of tot Jamie Bulger, on his release from jail, has been given a new identity and is now living in a secret location.
An Army press statement read: "This story, which first appeared in the Mail on Sunday, is totally untrue.
"As a convicted murderer, Venables will be under the supervision of the National Probation Service for the remainder of his life. He is not eligible, under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, to join the Army."

So I guess the old rumour service is working then!  ;D

I

imported_admin

Does anyone know if ARRSE ever made it into Sixth Sense?  I had a good chat to them, but I'm not in Germany so I never had a chance to read it.

CGS

War Hero
Some of the Armys finest seat shiners are in the Department of Corporate Communications (Army).

They're the Thought Police and some SO3 Tea Boy put out a press release denying the whole thing some time ago.

I only counted 2 spelling mistakes and one double negative.  I wonder if a convicted murderer could do better??

Latest Threads